Quick Question Thread

Not sure actually, think it's 7AM here. That's what everyone one my news feed seems to be saying.

Damn. I'll sleep through it too.

7am, not waking up in the morning, 'cause we're all dead...

It's rapture day, rapture day, gonna die on rapture day.

Guest The Phoenix

Can i phone ion work and say i cant come in becuase i have a bit of Execema(sp?) on my arm and im working with food?

You'd definitely be better phoning than writing them a letter. ;)

When was the last time Albion Rovers played above the bottom tier? I remember the last time they came close to promotion when we were in the division and they had a blimp-sized Mark Yardley up front, 2003.

Can you go on the dole if you have voluntary jobs?

Strictly, no. It's Jobseekers Allowance, so you need to be actively looking for, and available for, work. If you're in voluntary work, you're not making yourself available for paid work. I would imagine that there's a certain number of hours per week you're allowed to do, and you would be able to claim as long as you don't exceed those.

Strictly, no. It's Jobseekers Allowance, so you need to be actively looking for, and available for, work. If you're in voluntary work, you're not making yourself available for paid work. I would imagine that there's a certain number of hours per week you're allowed to do, and you would be able to claim as long as you don't exceed those.

All I do is 2 hours a week (the second job I'm currently in training for so not sure if that technically counts)

I'm definitely not ruling myself out of work, as apart from 5 or 6 hours a week I'm now totally free and desperately looking for employment

All I do is 2 hours a week (the second job I'm currently in training for so not sure if that technically counts)

I'm definitely not ruling myself out of work, as apart from 5 or 6 hours a week I'm now totally free and desperately looking for employment

You should be fine with that. I was claiming a few years back and I had an job in a pub two nights a week. Every fortnight I went to sign on and I had to declare the hours I'd done and how much I'd been paid for it and they deducted that from my allowance. I'd have been doing 6 or 7 hours each week, so I can't see that you'd have a problem.

Oh great the girls are at it again.. so anyone know why they're posting inched as statuses on FB?

Excuse me for not being hip, but what does the above mean?

Obviously East Coast slang isn't something I'm familiar with.