Quick Question Thread

When I click on the Quick question thread, using the iphone skin, I am taken to the last post, whereas when I click on any other thread I'm taken to my first unread post, which should be what happens.

Does anyone else have the same problem? Does anyone know how to rectify this anomoly?

Does anyone have any tips for working nightshifts? I havent dont them before but im doing them wednesday to saturday this week coming. Anyone got any tricks of the trade to help me survive?

You'll get to a point around 2 or 3am where staying awake will feel impossible. Once you're through that bit, it's plain sailing. Don't head straight to bed the minute you get home in the morning. You wouldn't do it after a day shift, you'd sit and have your dinner and a cup of tea and relax in front of the telly for a couple of hours. Do that first. Basically, do what you'd do for a day shift but 12 hours later.

You'll get to a point around 2 or 3am where staying awake will feel impossible. Once you're through that bit, it's plain sailing. Don't head straight to bed the minute you get home in the morning. You wouldn't do it after a day shift, you'd sit and have your dinner and a cup of tea and relax in front of the telly for a couple of hours. Do that first. Basically, do what you'd do for a day shift but 12 hours later.

Would agree with this. I've pulled a fair few all-nighters at Uni working right through (exam preparation, report / assignment writing etc.) and after my class is finished I head home and take a couple of hours to read a book or something relaxing, have something to eat and go out a wee walk before going to bed.

When I click on the Quick question thread, using the iphone skin, I am taken to the last post, whereas when I click on any other thread I'm taken to my first unread post, which should be what happens.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Does anyone know how to rectify this anomoly?

This happens to me as well and it's really annoying. Does it for Reasons to be Cheerful and PTTGOYN as well. No idea how to fix it though.

Does anyone have any tips for working nightshifts? I havent dont them before but im doing them wednesday to saturday this week coming. Anyone got any tricks of the trade to help me survive?

I wouldn't disagree with the other posts but I would say that you'll pretty much have to find your own way. I know people who stay up as was said however I hit the sack as soon as I get home and the bad time will depend on what you are doing. Presently I'm busy until about 3am so it's 4 or 5am that I hit the wall. Keep on the go and I find fresh fruit instead of lots of sandwiches helps as well.

Asyou get older do you get pishier at ten pin bowling?

Just wondering as I was cuffed by two 9 year olds today and believe me I was trying bloody hard. The smug little c***s were lucky I didn't break their fingers.

Rant over

I have sent texts abroad to UK based mobiles before and it cost me 20p a time. It was a while back admittedly, but it definitely didn't come out of my free allowance. If you've got a PAYG phone, L4L, can you not just check your balance before and after sending a text?