Quick Question Thread

Question for those of you who have played the P&B 5's. How many is it recommended you have in a team, do you need strips, or just wear the same colour and most importantly what's the standard like??

I know theres a dedicated section, but not many go in there.

When I played, we weared strips (The Clyde 01/02 home kit to be precise), but it isn't compulsary. If you struggle to get the same colour then just wear bibs or something.

Our team had 8 I think.

When I played, we weared strips (The Clyde 01/02 home kit to be precise), but it isn't compulsary. If you struggle to get the same colour then just wear bibs or something.

Our team had 8 I think.

I think have left it too late to organise strips, saying that I only have 4 or 5 atm, but then I have a few I could call on. Only problem is I may be the only P&B regular on the team.

On that note actually, is there anyone on here with a set of kits we could borrow if I do get a team together??

Question for those of you who have played the P&B 5's. How many is it recommended you have in a team, do you need strips, or just wear the same colour and most importantly what's the standard like??

We wore black one year, which actually clashed with another team in out group so we went skins that game. We wore strips last year though. The standard is decent enough. There's some really good teams and some pish ones. It's all the luck of the draw. I only really go for the bevy.

I think have left it too late to organise strips, saying that I only have 4 or 5 atm, but then I have a few I could call on. Only problem is I may be the only P&B regular on the team.

On that note actually, is there anyone on here with a set of kits we could borrow if I do get a team together??

Not having a go at you personally, but for me the reason that the actual football part of the day isn't as good as it used to be is that there's too many teams with hardly any folk from P&B. It's taken it away from a P&B 5s tournament to just a 5s tournament. For people who aren't brilliant at football it takes a lot of the fun away as there's no fun in getting hammered by a team of ringers you've put together just to win the tournament.

For me the fun is meeting new folk and putting faces to the usernames. I'll still be at the night out but I don't really see the spirit in putting together a team of 6-7 players for the P&B 5s and having only one member of P&B on the team.

The standard ranges from dire to really very good.

The GA5's team will more than likely just be wearing bibs. I'll probably be bordering on, if not the worst 'footballer' in our team, though I'll probably just sit as a sweeper and let the rest to the fancy bit. As a team, we'll likely be marginally better than the tournament average but wouldn't hold out much hope of doing any better than qualifying from the group.

EDIT - I think a minimum of 4 of our players will be p&b posters

Edited by Fudge

Well I still await a response from Edinburghlivi to see if he wants to play. Oh and Gaz, most of us just play football together for a laugh and just enjoy playing, sure to win would be good, but we just like having some fun.

This is all dependant on getting enough people.

Last year I cobbled a team together out of P&Bers and I just dug out as many (non-matching) Thistle tops as I could, along with Smurph who had a couple too. We had 6 players. We thrashed Kilt's team then got gubbed off everyone else in the group. I'm rubbish at football. This year we've sourced Killie tops, although I'm going to feel dirty putting that scum's tops on.

For me the fun is meeting new folk and putting faces to the usernames. I'll still be at the night out but I don't really see the spirit in putting together a team of 6-7 players for the P&B 5s and having only one member of P&B on the team.

What's happening with the night out? Sports Cafe was great last year but it's shut.

The standard ranges from dire to really very good.

The GA5's team will more than likely just be wearing bibs. I'll probably be bordering on, if not the worst 'footballer' in our team, though I'll probably just sit as a sweeper and let the rest to the fancy bit. As a team, we'll likely be marginally better than the tournament average but wouldn't hold out much hope of doing any better than qualifying from the group.

EDIT - I think a minimum of 4 of our players will be p&b posters

I hope we don't draw you in our group then... :lol:

What is the best way to download music these days? (for free obviously)

Going to get a new ipod shortly and my old one was loaded with tunes from my old pc which has long since died.

I'll be able to get a fair bit straight from cds but need to start downloading music again.

What is the best way to download music these days? (for free obviously)

Going to get a new ipod shortly and my old one was loaded with tunes from my old pc which has long since died.

I'll be able to get a fair bit straight from cds but need to start downloading music again.

Some dishonest people apparently convert music from youtube , apparently their easily to google to get one.

Anyone understand APR?

Wonga.com are offering their 30 day loans at 4216% APR. Now that's an annual percentage so how would that translate into a 1000 pound 30 day loan?

BTW I'm not getting one, I just saw the add and thought my god that's horrendous, the last loan I had was at 5% APR.

Edit for stupidity.

Edited by stimpy

The fact that this suggest you think I'm a decent player says more about your ability than it does mine.

We'll be taking it in turns propping up the bar letting the more technically gifted do the work.

Anyone understand APR?

Wonga.com are offering their 30 day loans at 4216% APR. Now that's an annual percentage so how would that translate into a 1000 pound 30 day loan?

BTW I'm not getting one, I just saw the add and thought my god that's horrendous, the last loan I had was at 5% APR.

Edit for stupidity.

It's because wonga and firms like that do short term loans some for only a few days, but , are still required by law to show the annual percentage rate.

Yeah I understand that was just wondering what it actually equated to, if I took out a 1K loan for 30 days what would I be looking at paying back?

Can it be worked out from the APR?

It just looks like a spade for poor people to dig the hole a little deeper with.

The max you can take out the first time with them is £400 (you can build up a credit history and then be allowed more - up to £1000) and if you wanted a month to pay it back you'd have to repay £525.48

Edited by Fudge

Last year I cobbled a team together out of P&Bers and I just dug out as many (non-matching) Thistle tops as I could, along with Smurph who had a couple too. We had 6 players. We thrashed Kilt's team then got gubbed off everyone else in the group. I'm rubbish at football. This year we've sourced Killie tops, although I'm going to feel dirty putting that scum's tops on.

I had to wear a Thistle top last year. Although we don't dislike you as much as you seem to dislike us :lol: .

I have a Tv with built in freeview. Every other channel is fine and in the right order, but all BBC channels are showing 'no signal'

Is this switchover related and what can I do to sort it? I'm currently doing an auto tune.

Kill Bill Vol. 2 starts at 10pm and i'm desperate to watch it :(

I have a Tv with built in freeview. Every other channel is fine and in the right order, but all BBC channels are showing 'no signal'

Is this switchover related and what can I do to sort it? I'm currently doing an auto tune.

Kill Bill Vol. 2 starts at 10pm and i'm desperate to watch it :(

Retune quickly. Central Scotland changed today bud.