Quick Question Thread

When the private plate is removed, the car must be re registered with the DVLA using the original number. :)

Incorrect. The original number goes back to the DVLA when you put a private plate on it. When you remove the private plate the DVLA will issue you with the original number plate if it is still available (which it almost always is). If it isn't they will issue you with a random one of the relevant age.

Edit: Just to point out, this system is just to ensure that they don't run out of number plates in extreme situations. Most likely you will get the original registration back.

Edited by Spain

Incorrect. The original number goes back to the DVLA when you put a private plate on it. When you remove the private plate the DVLA will issue you with the original number plate if it is still available (which it almost always is). If it isn't they will issue you with a random one of the relevant age.

Edit: Just to point out, this system is just to ensure that they don't run out of number plates in extreme situations. Most likely you will get the original registration back.

You will certainly have the original registration number returned as this is never allotted to any other vehicle. The time to have this done should not exceed 14 days, and can be done much quicker if you visit the relevant DVLA office.

Edited by chuckles

My girlfriend is trying to fill out a visa to study in America but is a bit puzzled where to find out the city in which her passport has been issued as that is one of the questions. Any ideas?

Its UKPA

doesnt matter if she got it from glasgow/cardiff etc

I just put Glasgow in my ESTA application form a few months back.

The amount of visa applications i get through a year and some jobsworth picks this up with a few,if you look on your passport it says UKPA,older passports used to say the centre you got your passport from ie glasgow but they all come under the UKPA nowadays

The amount of visa applications i get through a year and some jobsworth picks this up with a few,if you look on your passport it says UKPA,older passports used to say the centre you got your passport from ie glasgow but they all come under the UKPA nowadays

Fair do's, but when it says Place of Issue, I take that to mean the place it was issued rather than the authority that gave me it.

If the US President was visiting the UK and was killed, would the killer be brought through the British courts or would they be extradited to the USA?

*Note - I'm not planning on killing anyone, I was watching Spooks last night and it got me thinking.*

Can anyone recommend a good car bodywork repair place in Glasgow? I've got a bit of rust developing along the bottom of my drivers door and would like to get it nipped in the bud.

I've looked up a few places online, but would rather use somewhere that someone has had decent work done at.

Can anyone recommend a good car bodywork repair place in Glasgow? I've got a bit of rust developing along the bottom of my drivers door and would like to get it nipped in the bud.

I've looked up a few places online, but would rather use somewhere that someone has had decent work done at.

This. My Mrs has scraped the shit out of my motor and it's needing done. Mainly paintwork rather than body work though.