Quick Question Thread

Why do a number of the Raith Rovers fans have 2711 as part of their username? I presumed it was something to do with playing Bayern Munich for some reason but I've sinced been told that they played Bayern in October of 1995.

Cheers.

Why do a number of the Raith Rovers fans have 2711 as part of their username? I presumed it was something to do with playing Bayern Munich for some reason but I've sinced been told that they played Bayern in October of 1995.

Cheers.

I'm sure it's the date they won the diddy cup.

Cheers.

its the date they won the league cup in 1994

Cheers.

Yip todays the anniversary of them winning the coca cola cup

Trampiest "quick question" ever, but here it goes.

Can you get Euro's changed to pounds anywhere if it's under a fiver? Found 3 Euro's kicking around, could do with a free lunch. Do they only take notes?

Ta.

Can you get Euro's changed to pounds anywhere if it's under a fiver? Found 3 Euro's kicking around, could do with a free lunch. Do they only take notes?

Ta.

:lol: Nah they only take notes.

Shame cos I still have 200 Hungarian forint which is about 60p. Anyone ken any Hungarian shops in Edinburgh that sell Mccoys?

:lol: Nah they only take notes.

Shame cos I still have 200 Hungarian forint which is about 60p. Anyone ken any Hungarian shops in Edinburgh that sell Mccoys?

I do, but McCoys are usually 65p or more these days.

Round you.

I do, but McCoys are usually 65p or more these days.

Round you.

You know nothing.

In Budapest every shop and pub was rammed with the good stuff at about 55p a bag. They love a bag of bacon sizzler and I'm sure my 200 HUF wont go to waste.

Either that or I'll take advantage of its resemblance to a £2 coin and just slip it in with some smash for a daysaver.

Thug-Life.jpg

Argh! My girlfriend has tried to be nice by putting the washing on before I came home. However, I've just found one of my woolen tops in with the regular load looking tight as fcuk because she obviously never read the 100% Lambswool label, thinking it was "mainly synthetic because it came from Next" huh.gif

Anyway, anyone got any decent tips on rescuing shrunken wool garments? So far I've stuck it in the bath with some fabric softener so I can hang it up sodden wet to hopefully stretch itself overnight. Not feeling particularly confident though. sad.gif

Edited by Hedgecutter

Looking for a bit of advice about the illness depression. I'm sure I've seen some members discussing it in the past.

My brothers wife is going through a bad bout. She had been clear for about 10 years but it has come back with a vengeance leaving my brother to cope with his job and 2 kids.

My wife and myself have time on our hands to be of some assistance but know nothing of the condition and wouldn't want to make matters worse.

So far I've come across two websites, Mind and Depression Alliance. Anyone know of any others? Anyone been in a similar situation?

Any tips gratefully received. Thanks

Got a fat neighbour?

No, but there's been a parcel sitting outside her door across the hall for a few months. If she was lying rotten in the bath then I would have probably smelled it by now. Saying that, there has been a funny smell coming from the communal bins around the back though. Smells like someone bought a lorry full of steak, cut them up and threw all the bits down the drain. Might be a seagull.

Anyway, nice to know you can leave something big in the ground floor tenement corridor without it being nicked though. smile.gif

Looking for a bit of advice about the illness depression. I'm sure I've seen some members discussing it in the past.

My brothers wife is going through a bad bout. She had been clear for about 10 years but it has come back with a vengeance leaving my brother to cope with his job and 2 kids.

My wife and myself have time on our hands to be of some assistance but know nothing of the condition and wouldn't want to make matters worse.

So far I've come across two websites, Mind and Depression Alliance. Anyone know of any others? Anyone been in a similar situation?

Try SAMH too.

Dunno if the 'living life to full' website is still updated, it had some good stuff.

Try SAMH too.

Dunno if the 'living life to full' website is still updated, it had some good stuff.

SAMH, Mind, SeeMe, Breathing Space, Samaritans are all good resources. If you have access to Twitter, Stan Collymore of all people has been quite candid in discussing his experience very recently and I think it probably goes some way to explaining things to people that maybe don't have experience of it themselves.

Edit to add: Twitter link

Edited by Mrs M

Guest The Phoenix

Ta.

I'll give you £2 for them.

Post them to me and enclose £3 to cover postage and packaging.