Quick Question Thread

If a player leaves the field of play for something other than a blood injury does the ball have to be out of play before the referee can wave him back on?

I was at the Stirling game earlier and one of the players had to change his tights and the referee refused to wave him back on until the ball was dead, even when the Stirling keeper had the ball and waited to give the ref the perfect opportunity. When the ball eventually went out for a throw-in, there was no inspection by either the ref or the linesman.

I was under the impression the ref could wave a player back on at any point, so was George Salmond just being a dick, or was he adhering to the rules?

How much does it cost to get a root canal done on the NHS in Scotland?

(I've tried googling but can't find anything conclusive.)

I was approx 120 on a wisdom tooth over about 3 or 4 visits if I remember right.

Approximately many helium balloons (about the size of the ones you get in card shops etc) would it take to lift a 12 stone man off the ground?

I was approx 120 on a wisdom tooth over about 3 or 4 visits if I remember right.

Approximately many helium balloons (about the size of the ones you get in card shops etc) would it take to lift a 12 stone man off the ground?

1 litre of helium can lift 1 gram. A typical balloon contains 14 litres. 12 stone = 76203 grammes. Number of balloons needed to lift 12 stone man =76203/14 = 5443 (just realised you'd have to get a few more to cover the weight of the balloons and string)

Edited by welshbairn

Guest The Phoenix

1 litre of helium can lift 1 gram. A typical balloon contains 14 litres. 12 stone = 76203 grammes. Number of balloons needed to lift 12 stone man =76203/14 = 5443

Damn, I'm 13 stone and I've only got 5000 balloons.

Time to go on a diet. :(

How much does it cost to get a root canal done on the NHS in Scotland?

(I've tried googling but can't find anything conclusive.)

I could be totally wrong, but I've got a figure of £180 that springs to mind. That was a molar done privately on two trips so that would surely be a maximum, maximum cost on the NHS.

Since I got on the NHS again, feckin enamel around the filling cracked later though so I had to get the thing redone where I stupidly paid £90 to upgrade to a white filling for something I never notice. Only filling I've ever had and it was a root-cav!

1 litre of helium can lift 1 gram. A typical balloon contains 14 litres. 12 stone = 76203 grammes. Number of balloons needed to lift 12 stone man =76203/14 = 5443 (just realised you'd have to get a few more to cover the weight of the balloons and string)

Would greenie if I wasn't using my phone. Good work !

Ok you luvvery people, a wee question for you all.

Going to get a Kindle for the weans Xmas and noticed that it does not come supplied with a charger but has a USB connector. Would this charge it up when put into PC/Laptop or do I have to get the charger (£8.99 extra)? Cheers in advance smile.gif

*Edit, it does biggrin.gif

sorry for wasting your time ph34r.gif

Edited by ffcsam

I'm undoubtedly mental but channels 103,104, and 105 amongst others have disappeared too. They just say "channel unavailable".

I'm only going to watch the CL for the rest of the night anyway and 401-405 are still working so I'll switch it off overnight and see what happens.