Quick Question Thread

If I've got a train ticket for Edinburgh Waverley to Perth, but I actually just want to go from Haymarket to Perth, will that be OK? Or will the Haymarket ticket barriers not let me through with that ticket?

Just show the ticket to the staff by the gate, they'll let you through.

I once went to a Hearts game on a Glasgow-Aberdeen rail ticket. Said to the guy at Haymarket that I was using the Edinburgh route instead and you're entitled to break your return journey. Formal conditions below...

Starting, breaking or ending a journey at intermediate stations:

You may start, or break and resume, a journey (in either direction in the case of a return ticket) at any intermediate station, as long as the ticket you hold is valid for the trains you want to use. You may also end your journey (in either direction in the case of a return ticket) before the destination shown on the ticket. However, these rights may not apply to some types of tickets for which a break of journey is prohibited, in which case the Ticket Seller must make this clear when you buy your ticket.

Edited by Hedgecutter

A few months ago, one of the lightbulbs in the house started dying, so I replaced it. The new one gave out a high-pitched humming noise, but I'd heard that some of them do that, and it was in the downstairs hallway so it wasn't a big deal. A few weeks later, the bulb in the kitchen started giving off the same whine, and now 75% of the bulbs in the house are doing the same thing. None of the others have been changed, and most of them are years old.

What's going on here then, P&B? :huh:

A few months ago, one of the lightbulbs in the house started dying, so I replaced it. The new one gave out a high-pitched humming noise, but I'd heard that some of them do that, and it was in the downstairs hallway so it wasn't a big deal. A few weeks later, the bulb in the kitchen started giving off the same whine, and now 75% of the bulbs in the house are doing the same thing. None of the others have been changed, and most of them are years old.

I think that Grimm had the same problem, give him a PM.

Could probably go in the game thread, but I've started playing it again tonight after a year and a half so, in GTA V...

Does Michael arrange for the original heist to go wrong as a way out of the robbery lifestyle or is it just botched ?

Are all scottish banks closed tomorrow?

Well, it's a Scottish bank holiday, and they do like to take a holiday...

You can always try calling your branch, but I'd be very surprised if they were open.

Are you sure it's the bulbs and not you? Tinnitus maybe?

Are you sure it's the bulbs and not you? Tinnitus maybe?

Aye, I'm in the living room now, and they're fine. The wife's noticed too, so it'd need to be a bit of mass hysteria. Get the impression that I'm getting the blame for some reason :lol:

A night of painting the living room at Redhead towers beckons this evening. Unsure of whether to get Matt finish or maybe try silk etc. thoughts on which is best? Walls are in fairly decent nick etc

^^ kicks out Celtic supporting other half, rapid repaint to get rid of the sir henrick wallpaper