Quick Question Thread

I've often wondered that myself. Ditto, "that went down like a burning lift".

That's why I prefer to use the phrase "That went down like a cup of cold sick".

For me the issue lies in using the phrase "goes/went down" to explain how well received something was, especially when in most other senses, going up is positive and down is negative.

Edit: It's 7:02 m8

Edited by madwullie

Nope. I always check if it's cheaper to break up train journeys. Also handy to know what stations don't have ticket barriers so you can bump parts of a journey (Larbet for example; got the train for free from Stirling when we were down for our game against Stenny last month, using the return ticket to Dundee to get through the barrier*).

* We went for a beer in Stirling first before firing through

Nope. I always check if it's cheaper to break up train journeys. Also handy to know what stations don't have ticket barriers so you can bump parts of a journey (Larbet for example; got the train for free from Stirling when we were down for our game against Stenny last month, using the return ticket to Dundee to get through the barrier*).

* We went for a beer in Stirling first before firing through

I remember a massive thread about this before but I still find it bizarre that people are happy to steal from rail companies when they wouldn't just walk into a shop and steal food/clothes.