Quick Question Thread

The place I work have placed five employees under the line management of a temp who started on Monday - is that really a good idea?

Sounds cracking. Does the temp have access to the expenses account, and is there a good pub near your work?

Edit: did you mean, a good idea for the firm? Oh deary me no.

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

Would anyone class Greenock as being in South-West Scotland?  That was the answer to a crossword clue in the Daily Express (not mine honestly, someone else bought it), to name a port in South-West Scotland.

Would anyone class Greenock as being in South-West Scotland?  That was the answer to a crossword clue in the Daily Express (not mine honestly, someone else bought it), to name a port in South-West Scotland.

Most definitely on the west coast.

Most definitely on the west coast.

Greenock certainly didn't occur to me as the answer.  I was trying to think of all the ports from Ayr down round the Solway to Annan and all the time it was Greenock, whooda thunk it. 

Sounds like a plan

I can check it quicker for you. Just give me your name, the long number on the front of the card, and the 3 digits on the signature strip. I can run it through our system and let you know if it's still active.

I started a new job a few weeks ago and It's not working out. When sending out my CV to prospective employers, should I mention it / have my current job on my CV?

Depends if you've already given them your P45 from your old work.  When you get another job, and give them your P45 from your previous employer, it would look a bit suss it was different from what you'd told them was your previous employer.

Depends how switched on the payroll dept were, I suppose.

I started a new job a few weeks ago and It's not working out. When sending out my CV to prospective employers, should I mention it / have my current job on my CV?

Just lie like f**k on your CV. Everyone else does.

Depends if you've already given them your P45 from your old work.  When you get another job, and give them your P45 from your previous employer, it would look a bit suss it was different from what you'd told them was your previous employer.

Depends how switched on the payroll dept were, I suppose.

Just lie like f**k on your CV. Everyone else does.

Heh. Two conflicting pieces of advice. Never thought about the P45 side of things, although I doubt my prospective boss and payroll would be collaborating to stamp out this sort of behaviour (I hope). 

Might go with Dee Man's advice. My CV is already a masterpiece in fiction anyway, so I might as well keep weaving my tangled web. 

Heh. Two conflicting pieces of advice. Never thought about the P45 side of things, although I doubt my prospective boss and payroll would be collaborating to stamp out this sort of behaviour (I hope). 

Might go with Dee Man's advice. My CV is already a masterpiece in fiction anyway, so I might as well keep weaving my tangled web. 

I would agree with Dee Man, if you're confident that the new employer wouldn't rumble you about the P45.  Short periods of employment very rarely look good on a CV (unless you can manufacture a good explanation at interview)

I would agree with Dee Man, if you're confident that the new employer wouldn't rumble you about the P45.  Short periods of employment very rarely look good on a CV (unless you can manufacture a good explanation at interview)

If they rumble the P45 thing the correct response is,

'That the sort of switched on attitude I expect from a prospective employer, I will be staying here'.