Quick Question Thread

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:
In the song "What shall we do with the drunken sailor?", one of the later verses suggests the remedy "Stick him in the hold with the captain's daughter". 
How is that supposed to help? And what the hell did she do to deserve the advances of a sozzled lecherous old tar? Why was she on the ship anyway?
And why is it pronounced "EAR-LIE in the morning", rather than the normal "Early". 
I realise this has turned into several questions, but I need to know. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_o'_nine_tails

Isn't Captain's Daughter another name for this?

Edited by Cyclizine

Question of my own here which I considered putting in the travel forum but there's no obvious place for it to go:

Are there any recommended websites for spontaneously thinking "I'm free tomorrow for three days, are there any clearance flight-hotel deals?" . Not particularly fussed about the destination (ideally not Methil though). 

Edited by Hedgecutter

16 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Question of my own here which I considered putting in the travel forum but there's no obvious place for it to go:

Are there any recommended websites for spontaneously thinking "I'm free tomorrow for three days, are there any clearance flight-hotel deals?" . Not particularly fussed about the destination (ideally not Methil though). 

Not sure but you can fly to Northern Spain and back for £20 this month from Edinburgh,

https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/booking/home/EDI/GRO/2017-03-26/2017-03-30/1/0/0/0

Thought about a few days in Strathclyde?

28 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Has anyone did there first cut yet of there grass? Didn't know it of be to early to do so

Considered it last weekend, will probably be this weekend as long as it stays dry

Had a packet of Bugles earlier and the 'delicate' texture and taste before the flavouring kicked in immediately reminded of a breakfast cereal that I've not had in ages, certainly since 90s (it may not be on the go anymore), but I've forgotten the name.

They're not Golden Grahams, but they're similar in that they are quite yellow coloured and square shaped but full of air on the inside with a criss-cross pattern on it and they'll probably never sink in a bowl of milk as they're super-light, unfortunately making them go soggy quite quickly.

Basically a hybrid of standard golden grahams, shreddies, golden nuggets and (evidently) bugles.

Any ideas folks?

Had a packet of Bugles earlier and the 'delicate' texture and taste before the flavouring kicked in immediately reminded of a breakfast cereal that I've not had in ages, certainly since 90s (it may not be on the go anymore), but I've forgotten the name.

They're not Golden Grahams, but they're similar in that they are quite yellow coloured and square shaped but full of air on the inside with a criss-cross pattern on it and they'll probably never sink in a bowl of milk as they're super-light, unfortunately making them go soggy quite quickly.

Basically a hybrid of standard golden grahams, shreddies, golden nuggets and (evidently) bugles.

Any ideas folks?

Golden Oaties?

3 minutes ago, supermik said:

Why does stirring a cup of coffee always sound differently to stirring a cup of tea?

The viscosity.

Eta: Although Bairnardo and my answers are essentially the same, my word is far more impressive.

Edited by Dee Man