Quick Question Thread

If it is at least four of them departed last year, though the bin dwelling tramp made a brief cameo at the start of this year.

Being banned from here doesn’t mean you’re actually dead though, unless WTM personally visits to advise of our banning of course

Wouldn't that be fantastic, a warning means you get a visit from Grimbo and a full on banning means a chap on the door from WTM.

I assume the only course of action would be to move house immediately on receiving a warning. This could really get the economy going!

15 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

Wouldn't that be fantastic, a warning means you get a visit from Grimbo and a full on banning means a chap on the door from WTM.

I saw on Facebook that Madchester where moving venues,  I clicked on the comments to see where they were moving to and low and behold, a comment from Grim O’Grady. 

He didn’t even sign it off Grimbo. I felt let down.

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

Can't read that list without hearing the Norwegian commentator shouting "Your boys took a hell of a beating!"

Personally, I imagine it playing along to Mylo's Destroy Rock n Roll, but with the names (myself included) replacing those of "sinful" pop stars. 

2 hours ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

I saw on Facebook that Madchester where moving venues,  I clicked on the comments to see where they were moving to and low and behold, a comment from Grim O’Grady. 

He didn’t even sign it off Grimbo. I felt let down.

He had a message about music venues read out on the bbc breakfast news show last week.

14 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Asked my boss to be a reference on an application for a better job at a different company.
Mistake or perfectly reasonable?

Hard to say without knowing your boss but if he/she is fairly decent then it's reasonable.

Glad you think so. The 2 people I've told this laughed at how stupid it was which I don't get. Only trying to improve my circumstances, nowt wrong with that.

He still hasn't replied though...

Is it his company or does he just work there?

Total company man or had a few other jobs?

Personally, I see people I line manage as colleagues and if they want to better themselves either within or outwith the organisation then that’s a good thing.

Is it his company or does he just work there?

Total company man or had a few other jobs?

Personally, I see people I line manage as colleagues and if they want to better themselves either within or outwith the organisation then that’s a good thing.
He works there. I can go for months without seeing him and he's generally been sound enough when I have seen him.
The more I think about it the more I'm not bothered if he's unhappy with it.
All I'm trying to do is improve my job/circumstances. Companies aren't loyal so why should employees be?!

11 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

He works there. I can go for months without seeing him and he's generally been sound enough when I have seen him.
The more I think about it the more I'm not bothered if he's unhappy with it.
All I'm trying to do is improve my job/circumstances. Companies aren't loyal so why should employees be?!

He probably doesn't know who you are.

13 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

Asked my boss to be a reference on an application for a better job at a different company.
Mistake or perfectly reasonable?

I remember one old boss who hated the competition, he couldn't mention them by name and if anybody did they got a bollocking and it simply ruined his day.

Obviously, if somebody wanted to leave to join the competition, that would send him into orbit.

Fortunately, the competition knew all about him and if he said you were a useless piece of shit then that was seen as a sign of approval.

In truth, by the time your new employer is checking on references, they have pretty much already decided to employ you and just want to check on the facts.
For example that you are not claiming to be head chef when you were actually the waiter

Are there any meteorologists on here ? I need told we’re going to have a hot summer right now 
Not right now but we are going to have a hot summer from May onwards. And it'll be hot when I step off the plane tomorrow lunchtime in Tenerife[emoji106]

Did a lot of agency work in the summer which totally fucked my tax codes so am currently being taxed 40% on my G4S zero hour contract even if I only do 3 or 4 shifts a month. Overall I'll be nowhere near the personal allowance in the year.

Will I need to apply for a rebate or will it just come automatically at the end of the financial year?

Did a lot of agency work in the summer which totally fucked my tax codes so am currently being taxed 40% on my G4S zero hour contract even if I only do 3 or 4 shifts a month. Overall I'll be nowhere near the personal allowance in the year.

Will I need to apply for a rebate or will it just come automatically at the end of the financial year?

Sure you will get it automatically but heard you can apply anytime for a rebate