Quick Question Thread

10 minutes ago, Adam said:

Cheers gents, thought I would be OK, just think we will be cutting it fine getting there and don’t want to f**k about in security so will fire everything in the wee bag.

But what if she gets stopped?

7 hours ago, NJ2 said:

This looks suspiciously like a cover post. Presumably WTM is currently sat wearing Dave’s face while posting. RIP in peace BFTD.

There's certainly plenty of him to skin.

Edit: Me. Plenty of me. Hahaha.

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

Started using a vape last week to try and quit smoking (I know, I’m an arsehole), and I’m flying tomorrow. What’s the script? Do I need to empty the valve bit completely, and then put any of the wee bottles in a plastic bottle? I’ve had a read online, but it doesn’t specify if the vape needs to be completely liquid free or not.
I fly fairly regularly and have never had an issue with this, just stick it in your hand luggage.

I might be away to the colonies soon, for the first time in about fifteen years. Would anyone like me to bring something back for them?

nb: illegal things, such as suspiciously well-stuffed teddy bears, are not included in this offer. Thank you.

I might be away to the colonies soon, for the first time in about fifteen years. Would anyone like me to bring something back for them?
nb: illegal things, such as suspiciously well-stuffed teddy bears, are not included in this offer. Thank you.

Which one?

10 hours ago, WeWereThePeople said:

Vaping is a great invention. Let's you know who is a complete fanny before you've spoken to them. Saves time. I might be generalising, but of all the vapists I know, 100% of them are c***s.

This. It's the smug look on their faces - they think they're superior to people who still smoke ordinary tabs.

This. It's the smug look on their faces - they think they're superior to people who still smoke ordinary tabs.

Well I’m certainly not smug, the fucking thing burst in my carry-on! Thankfully was in a wee bag, so didn’t ruin things, but annoying nonetheless.

On 25/01/2018 at 08:40, Swarley said:

Which one?

'Murka. The wife's going back to visit relatives with the wean, and I get to tag along this time.

I used to have a cowboy hat that I bought on our honeymoon (a day trip to Tombstone), but left it on a train a few years ago, so you can be damned sure that's on my shopping list. I still have my poncho, thankfully  :thumsup2

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave
"a our honeymoon"? FFS.

20 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

'Murka. The wife's going back to visit relatives with the wean, and I get to tag along this time.

I used to have a cowboy hat that I bought on our honeymoon (a day trip to Tombstone), but left it on a train a few years ago, so you can be damned sure that's on my shopping list. I still have my poncho, thankfully  :thumsup2

image.png.3757a892d95beb341b5c132c8ccc0463.png

Got a link to the shop? For the wean, obvs.

I'd post a pic of me as fat Clint Eastwood, but I'd imagine the forum's had enough of looking at me. Or me in general.

Put everything in your bag of liquids, the shame and delay of getting picked out is not worth it.

I had my name called out in an international airport last month whilst in the departures lounge. The B&B had phoned the airport highlighting that I'd managed to leave still in possession of the room key.

11 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I had my name called out in an international airport last month whilst in the departures lounge. The B&B had phoned the airport highlighting that I'd managed to leave still in possession of the room key.

My name is very common in the Inverness/Nairn area, so when there was an announcement at Inverness Airport for Mr McX to come to security, 12 of us turned up.

29 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

My name is very common in the Inverness/Nairn area, so when there was an announcement at Inverness Airport for Mr McX to come to security, 12 of us turned up.

I've never heard of anyone called Mr McX. 

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I had that in a supermarket recently....name got called out to go immediately to customer services, and when I got there a guy with exactly the same name including middle initial as me - not all that common south and east of the Great Glen - was already being handed his bank cards that apparently he'd dropped somewhere.

Thing was we'd gone later on in the evening to avoid the rush and there couldn't have been more than a dozen customers in the place.

5 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Anyone from the Aberdeen area know if there was a fire in the Hilton Avenue area recently (last day or two)?

Edited by Gaz