Quick Question Thread

20 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Never flown Jet2, but you're painting a picture for me here:

908084.jpg

Its either them or Ryanair at the times we want unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

You will be a popular lad whilst the other punters are waiting for you to board the coach at the airport and hotel, but you won’t be the first nor last to do it

So it is possible? But a shitty thing to do? Meh, I can live with that.

9 hours ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

I've booked a villa in Portugal for a week in March, I was just about to book the flights through Jet2 when I clicked on their holiday bit by mistake, it turns out that booking a package holiday for those dates is cheaper than the flights and adding on the luggage/seats etc.

My question is, can I book a package holiday then fly out and simply not turn up to the transfers/hotel etc and just turn up for the return flight?

The answer to your question is - yes, you can do it.

My additional answer is - you may be able to remove the transfers from the package later on in the booking journey (on the extras page), so you might even save a little bit more cash.  Most Tour Operators have their packages split down into component parts, and you can pick'n'choose what you want to retain from transfers, in flight meals, booking your seat in advance, etc.

10 hours ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

I've booked a villa in Portugal for a week in March, I was just about to book the flights through Jet2 when I clicked on their holiday bit by mistake, it turns out that booking a package holiday for those dates is cheaper than the flights and adding on the luggage/seats etc.

My question is, can I book a package holiday then fly out and simply not turn up to the transfers/hotel etc and just turn up for the return flight?

I've done it before, not a problem.

If only you’d taken pieces to work every day you’d be chartering your own jet and not worrying about such meagre costs.

Flights and accommodation cheaper than flights alone is absolutely bizarre.  I blame the Tories, religion, Brexit and the royal family.

Earlier I was going to go for a standard 500ml bottle of Irn Bru for £1.35, but then saw the larger glass bottle variety below for £1. Ended up buying a 39p can of cream soda instead just out of sheer principle.

If I did that daily then I'd save £350p/a, enough to have two £5 lunches a week. That's only three tins of soup at work kids.

Think they've stopped it now, but Subway used to do a BMT 6" sub for £3.50, or £3 if you got it with a drink. 

Or 3 day returns via Stena to Ireland were cheaper than a single. To the extent where we were going over for a week so I booked 2 sets of cheaper returns. There was something in the small print about their right to rinse you if you never show up for the return leg. For the first return we dinghied, I phoned them up and told them lies about a broken-down motor. Felt a bit guilty when the woman tried to arrange a tow-truck for me. For the 2nd return we dinghied, I didn't even bother phoning them, and we got away with it. 

#thuglife

Perhaps one thing to watch out for with airlines is that sometimes if you don't turn up for one part then they may cancel a later one. I know folk who bought return flights to eg. London, took the train down due to last minute changes and went to get the return flight as originally planned, only to find they'd cancelled their seat due to an outbound no-show.

I found myself booking a brand new flight going to Norway last year as it was cheaper than paying SAS's fees for changing flights. Phoned them up and told them I only wanted the return leg, and all was fine.

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Perhaps one thing to watch out for with airlines is that sometimes if you don't turn up for one part then they may cancel a later one. I know folk who bought return flights to eg. London, took the train down due to last minute changes and went to get the return flight as originally planned, only to find they'd cancelled their seat due to an outbound no-show.

I found myself booking a brand new flight going to Norway last year as it was cheaper than paying SAS's fees for changing flights. Phoned them up and told them I only wanted the return leg, and all was fine.

This is true, and common practice.

6 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Flights and accommodation cheaper than flights alone is absolutely bizarre.  I blame the Tories, religion, Brexit and the royal family.

Rangers have just released a statement blaming the Hibs fans.

Where's WaffenThinMint? Hasn't posted in a while. It's starting to look like he finally met his match when trying to off one of P&B's finest.

There's been a lot of talk on here lately about disposing of bodies too...  :unsure:

13 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Where's WaffenThinMint? Hasn't posted in a while. It's starting to look like he finally met his match when trying to off one of P&B's finest.

There's been a lot of talk on here lately about disposing of bodies too...  :unsure:

The landslide on a railway line was a total coincidence.

This looks suspiciously like a cover post. Presumably WTM is currently sat wearing Dave’s face while posting. RIP in peace BFTD.

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 15:40, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Think they've stopped it now, but Subway used to do a BMT 6" sub for £3.50, or £3 if you got it with a drink. 

Or 3 day returns via Stena to Ireland were cheaper than a single. To the extent where we were going over for a week so I booked 2 sets of cheaper returns. There was something in the small print about their right to rinse you if you never show up for the return leg. For the first return we dinghied, I phoned them up and told them lies about a broken-down motor. Felt a bit guilty when the woman tried to arrange a tow-truck for me. For the 2nd return we dinghied, I didn't even bother phoning them, and we got away with it. 

#thuglife

.. but now they know who you are.  The next time you try to take the ferry, they will send in the heavy squad and take you away.

Started using a vape last week to try and quit smoking (I know, I’m an arsehole), and I’m flying tomorrow. What’s the script? Do I need to empty the valve bit completely, and then put any of the wee bottles in a plastic bottle? I’ve had a read online, but it doesn’t specify if the vape needs to be completely liquid free or not.

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

Started using a vape last week to try and quit smoking (I know, I’m an arsehole), and I’m flying tomorrow. What’s the script? Do I need to empty the valve bit completely, and then put any of the wee bottles in a plastic bottle? I’ve had a read online, but it doesn’t specify if the vape needs to be completely liquid free or not.

Put everything in your bag of liquids, the shame and delay of getting picked out is not worth it. I have experience of this. Get some nicotine gum for the flight if you need it.

5 minutes ago, Adam said:

The wife gets through security no problem with hers