Quick Question Thread

Did a lot of agency work in the summer which totally fucked my tax codes so am currently being taxed 40% on my G4S zero hour contract even if I only do 3 or 4 shifts a month. Overall I'll be nowhere near the personal allowance in the year.

Will I need to apply for a rebate or will it just come automatically at the end of the financial year?

Can you get the agency to give you a proof of earnings for the year which you can forward on to HMRC in April time?

The agency should give you a P60 with your earnings and tax deducted for the year to 5 April 2018.  You should get the same from G4S. 

HMRC should give you a refund of any tax overpaid, but not until about September, when the bigger-computer-system-of-life gets all of your income together and figures out that you have paid too much tax.  You can chase this up after you have the P60s.

The agency should give you a P60 with your earnings and tax deducted for the year to 5 April 2018.  You should get the same from G4S. 
HMRC should give you a refund of any tax overpaid, but not until about September, when the bigger-computer-system-of-life gets all of your income together and figures out that you have paid too much tax.  You can chase this up after you have the P60s.

I always just submit my earnings to HMRC which shows how much tax I paid and then I usually get it refunded within a couple of weeks.

9 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

You might get a taste for them. A veggie pal made us some cucumber sandwiches recently and now I'm hooked. Also gives a good flavour to iced water. 

They have no flavour.

26 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Take two glasses of iced  water. Stick a few long chunks of cucumber in one. Try them then come back and say they have no taste. They're just subtle. 

No, thank you.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

I always just submit my earnings to HMRC which shows how much tax I paid and then I usually get it refunded within a couple of weeks.

But they are not going to pay anything back out to you until the income and tax deducted is matched up against the employer payroll records.  If you send the stuff in after 5 April, once you have the P60, the employers (agencies) will have submitted the P60 figures to HMRC through payroll RTI, and will then be in the HMRC system.  When you have the P60s you can chase it up.  If you don't you will get a refund sooner ort later (about September?).

Have you ever smoked a cigarette in your car and tried to throw it out the window and a minute later you smell something and turn around to find your grandma fingering herself in the back seat?

At least credit the source you've cuntpasted from, PB.

How many posters from each team do we have on P&B? Curious about which clubs have the highest/lowest representation. Not sure if this is something can easily be tabulated from this end, or if it's the kind of thing only @Div would be able to see.

(I presume the most popular would be Rangers 'Other')

At least credit the source you've cuntpasted from, PB.
How many posters from each team do we have on P&B? Curious about which clubs have the highest/lowest representation. Not sure if this is something can easily be tabulated from this end, or if it's the kind of thing only [mention=1]Div[/mention] would be able to see.
(I presume the most popular would be Rangers 'Other')

Take it you’re compiling the list. Add one to Hearts please. Thanks.

14 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Take it you’re compiling the list. Add one to Hearts please. Thanks.

OK, so that's:

Alloa = 1
Hearts = 1
St Mirren = 1

Bit of a shock result so far, if I'm honest.

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave