Quick Question Thread

Does petrol have a sort of shelf life before it goes off or does it last forever?

It goes off. Not sure how long but I watched something on YouTube that mentioned it. It could very well have been a 'The Walking Dead plotholes' or some other daft thing.

23 minutes ago, supermik said:

Does petrol have a sort of shelf life before it goes off or does it last forever?

Drinking it or using it in your car?

It depends how it's stored.  It can get waxy as lighter parts of it evaporate but if kept cool/tight lid it will be fine.

And apparently in hot weather while lying in your tank for a certain period there will be an amount of evaporation. Don't know the timescale or amounts but mine isn't in the tank long enough to worry.

38 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
1 hour ago, supermik said:

And apparently in hot weather while lying in your tank for a certain period there will be an amount of evaporation. Don't know the timescale or amounts but mine isn't in the tank long enough to worry.

When I got my bike at the start of September it came with a full tank. It has still got almost 3/4 of a tank left. :lol:

24 minutes ago, supermik said:

When I got my bike at the start of September it came with a full tank. It has still got almost 3/4 of a tank left. :lol:

Four return trips to Paisley and my tanks drained!!

According to BP
The storage life of petrol is one year when stored under shelter in a sealed container. Once a seal is broken the fuel has a
storage life of six months at 20°C or three months at 30°C

On 02/05/2018 at 08:11, ajwffc said:

According to BP
The storage life of petrol is one year when stored under shelter in a sealed container. Once a seal is broken the fuel has a

Obviously BP know more about petrol than I do but I'd query that. I have a petrol can that I use for the lawnmower. I'll fill it maybe once every 18 months and the petrol always seems to smell oh my god does anyone else see the pixies? and that unicorn with Louis Theroux in its back? work fine.

On 01/05/2018 at 23:11, ajwffc said:

According to BP

And longer if you don't keep it in your living room.

Good location- yes.
Hookers - slept with someone so yes .
Ching - no for me
Weapons - I've my own lethal weapon
Sleep - meh was enough.
Breakfast in morning- teckle.

Eh will be back If eh every land back in Glasgow
It's been a few years since I was last there but I do recall the breakfast was awesome (through a raging hangover)

24 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I will be in Kilmarnock around Tea time on Friday. Any suggestions for a decent scran, beer (no Tennents shite) for me, 8 year old bairn and a 46 year old raging alky wifie.

I’d recommend  The Jefferson or The Longhouse.

I think the best Chinese is Dragon Royale.

36 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I will be in Kilmarnock around Tea time on Friday. Any suggestions for a decent scran, beer (no Tennents shite) for me, 8 year old bairn and a 46 year old raging alky wifie.

Download the Aroundme app. Set your location to kilmarnock then check out all the places in the area.

edit. Just seen that there is a Clansman bar there.:lol:

Edited by supermik

35 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Marvin's place will be free, bring your own but check the back of the couch for extras.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/2414922/scheme-marvin-baird-mobile-phone-jail-job-kilmarnock-junkie/

3 minutes ago, supermik said:

Download the Aroundme app. Set your location to kilmarnock then check out all the places in the area.

edit. Just seen that there is a Clansman bar there.:lol:

How is that any different from google?

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Marvin's place will be free, bring your own but check the back of the couch for extras.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/2414922/scheme-marvin-baird-mobile-phone-jail-job-kilmarnock-junkie/

Plus there will be a free standing gas cooker for lighting cigarettes. Probably.