Quick Question Thread

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What's the best shop to sell ps4 games too?

Bought FIFA20 last night and already wanting rid of it, but its from Tesco and they dont take games back once you've opened them. Cant be arsed selling it on ebay.

You could drop it off at my charity shop. I'd exchange it for my kind thanks and warmest regards.

You'll not get a better deal, my friend.

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

You could drop it off at my charity shop. I'd exchange it for my kind thanks and warmest regards.

You'll not get a better deal, my friend.

Give me £40 and it's yours. 

I wont lie though, it's a fucking pathetic game.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Give me £40 and it's yours. 

I wont lie though, it's a fucking pathetic game.

Mmm...I can't quite meet your offer, but I could be persuaded to cough up some Lidl mini rolls.

Failing that, CEX will apparently give you a £38 voucher for it, valid to the year 3000 (srsly).

31 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What's the best shop to sell ps4 games too?

Bought FIFA20 last night and already wanting rid of it, but its from Tesco and they dont take games back once you've opened them. Cant be arsed selling it on ebay.

Game are offering £30 credit for it currently, plus 25% extra if you take it in a week after release.

6 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Mmm...I can't quite meet your offer, but I could be persuaded to cough up some Lidl mini rolls.

Failing that, CEX will apparently give you a £38 voucher for it, valid to the year 3000 (srsly).

£12 thick c**t tax sounds fair, tbf. Hopefully they still have that offer next week, but I imagine the sheer amount of copies theyll get this week might lower it.

Currently sitting at a 1.6/10 user rating on metacritic. I really need to check these things before buying these days.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

Game are offering £30 credit for it currently, plus 25% extra if you take it in a week after release.

Paid £50 for it in Tesco, purely because I can walk there.

I might try selling it on ebay for £50, and if that fails I'll take it in next weekend.

3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Buying a sports game the weekend it's released is pretty fucking stupid tbh

I wont be doing it again, in fact I doubt I'll be buying a football game again, apart from Football Manager.

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I'm curious what makes it so bad. I thought games like FIFA were generally exactly the same every year, only with slightly improved graphics and up-to-date teams.

They havent updated the teams. They haven't updated the competitions. You cant play a career mode as any potential signing just stands in the middle of the pitch during games before they sign. AI teams play reserves sides, to the point Brighton are winning leagues and Liverpool are being relegated in season one.

The only mode you can play is online, and teams are already stacked with folk who've spent a fortune of real money on it, so you're already miles behind with no chance of catching up.

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They havent updated the teams. They haven't updated the competitions. You cant play a career mode as any potential signing just stands in the middle of the pitch during games before they sign. AI teams play reserves sides, to the point Brighton are winning leagues and Liverpool are being relegated in season one.

The only mode you can play is online, and teams are already stacked with folk who've spent a fortune of real money on it, so you're already miles behind with no chance of catching up.

Wow. Sounds like EA have deliberately made a c**t of it to force people online and sell loot boxes.

Think I'll stick with World Cup 98 for now.

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Wow. Sounds like EA have deliberately made a c**t of it to force people online and sell loot boxes.

That's exactly what it is. I cant wait for more countries to follow Belgium and ban lootboxes.

16 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Fifa 98 RTTWC is easily the best Fifa game anyway 

Guest Moomintroll
Tax shit.
I spend 100 quid a month on parking at work. My employer reimburses the full 100 quid but it is added to my income.
So, it goes on top line and the additionality in my pay is about 80.
Surely it shouldnt be classed as income? Can I claim this back and how?
Not 100% sure but I think that would be classed as a benefit in kind so will be taxable. I claim the Mersey Tunnel toll back through expenses to sidestep this, might be worthwhile going down that route if you can.

Tax shit.
I spend 100 quid a month on parking at work. My employer reimburses the full 100 quid but it is added to my income.

^^^ what he said. Getting it as income means it is liable to income tax.

Submit it as an expenses claim (with a receipt) for reimbursement and you’ll get the full amount back.

17 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
17 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:
Tax shit.

Not 100% sure but I think that would be classed as a benefit in kind so will be taxable. I claim the Mersey Tunnel toll back through expenses to sidestep this, might be worthwhile going down that route if you can.

He's from Blairgowrie!

Surely, the money he may get back, would just be spent on petrol.