Quick Question Thread

6 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

It's a flock of Starlings, are you saying you've never seen such a thing?

Starlings are quite rare in Engerlund apparently although you see quite a few in Scotland.  They're the wee neds of the bird world. I once saw a couple nicking grapes off an outdoor display of a fruit shop which made me smile. 

In the winter months they make interesting patterns in the sky as they prepare to roost- murmurations as they're known. Gretna is well known for it's murmurations and the population seem to enjoy the fame the starlings bring them. The houses behind Gretna 2008's ground have bird feeders in the gardens for the starlings.

"The Starlings" was a radio play by Spike Milligan in the 1950s- it dealt with the menace of starlings in Trafalgar Square and was a sort of straight "Goon Show" without an audience. Major Bloodnok's answer to the problem was "rice puddings fired by catapults". 

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Starlings are quite rare in Engerlund apparently although you see quite a few in Scotland.  They're the wee neds of the bird world. I once saw a couple nicking grapes off an outdoor display of a fruit shop which made me smile. 

When was the last time you saw a wee ned eating fruit?

18 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Growing weed in the attic, clearly. 

Reminds me of the time when I was in the car with a friend as he just said "oh fuuuuuuuuuck" as he was heading back home for the weekend only to see snow on everybody's house except his own. This was one of those random small clusters of houses in the middle of nowhere that is in full sight of the main A road.

25 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Where do you go to alert people to some heads gone action if you cant use the heads gone thread because thats where are the heads are going??

Stop asking questions and save your pal Bairny things are really not going well at all. 

3 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
1 hour ago, GordonD said:
Are Catholic Vegans allowed to eat the Communion Host if they believe it's the actual physical body of Jesus?

A conundrum I've often pondered myself.

I didn't realise you were a vegan. 

1 hour ago, jimmy boo said:
2 hours ago, GordonD said:
Are Catholic Vegans allowed to eat the Communion Host if they believe it's the actual physical body of Jesus?

A conundrum I've often pondered myself.

Only thing a priest likes better than a conundrum is a nun under him.

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Am I correct to think that if you are waiting to hear about a job, the longer it goes on the more chance you are getting a knockback?

Not necessarily. We tend to reject candidates as quickly as possible. Anyone who hangs around tends to be getting considered seriously.

Just now, MSU said:

Not necessarily. We tend to reject candidates as quickly as possible. Anyone who hangs around tends to be getting considered seriously.

Cheers mucker. Its a company know to be slow and after interview they said you should hear end of this week or maybe into next week. This is now the Tuesday of "next week" so its not like its been ages or anything, it's more that I am in a bit of a situation where I need this to come off for me, and consequently, am utterly shiting myself.