Quick Question Thread

14 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Slap-heads of the world unite and take over,

Slap-heads of the world hand it over........

Image result for morrissey shoplifters gif

Thank you.

You appear to have posted a gif of a dickhead, instead of a slaphead.

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Why doesn't Biggie help out Melanius now the cold weather has come upon us and knit him a syrup out of cast off Smudger fur? 

Need to wait till the summer, he doesn't shed fur in the winter.*

*the cat, not Mullarkey.

Thank you.

Anyone ever done a part exchange on their house for a new build? Looking to see what people's experiences are of the valuations/offers that the house builders give you for your current property.

Our current home needs a wee bit of work done to get it in top condition however my thinking is that by the time I add up the cost of the work and then any estate agents/solicitors fees, I might be as well part exchanging it in its current conditions.

Just heard on the football on BT Sport that Saturday's english game will also be available in "ultimate".  I assume that's 4k ??

Whatever happened to Sky's 3d tvs and funky glasses to allow you to watch it ??   Have the people who bought their 3d tvs now been left with a non-functioning part of their tv, assuming they can switch the service to "normal" Sky ??  Or do they now get the Sky Q (4k ??) as its replacement ??

Any P & Bers buy the 3d gear ??

Just now, just me 2 said:

What would be the most likely fault on a boiler if it needed the pressure turned up every second day, no sign of any leaks anywhere, had the radiator changed to a towel rail in the bathroom recently but no sign of any water

Maybe a fucked expansion vessel.

1 hour ago, just me 2 said:

What would be the most likely fault on a boiler if it needed the pressure turned up every second day, no sign of any leaks anywhere, had the radiator changed to a towel rail in the bathroom recently but no sign of any water

I had this problem a few years back and the water was dripping out of an outdoor outlet pipe IIRC. I took out boiler insurance, waited for the minimum time before making a claim to elapse then gave them a call. 

1 hour ago, just me 2 said:

Send up the Magee sign.....

@Flybhoy

12 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
2 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:
Maybe a fucked expansion vessel.

Now I had this, after checking all radiators and not figuring out where it was dropping , we put some ( fluid, I dont know what name it's called) into a valve and it seems to now be fine. Expensive stuff the plumber used. ( this fluod stuff )

That would be an inhibitor.

10 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

It would be a leak sealant.

An inhibitor neutralises the Ph in the system water to prevent rusting.

Ah yes, that's what it was. It was a leaking valve now you come to mention it and putting in a sealant fluid into the bleed valve did do the trick. This probably wouldn't help JustMe2