Quick Question Thread

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Recommended tattooist in Dundee that does vouchers? 
@Mr. Alli Rock and Roll any good?

What style you going for? 

I'd recommend Dawid at Bank St tattoo. Rock n' Roll very good but quite dear and have treated folk pretty shitty during lockdown. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

What style you going for? 

I'd recommend Dawid at Bank St tattoo. Rock n' Roll very good but quite dear and have treated folk pretty shitty during lockdown. 

It’s for the missus. Nothing too outrageous I think. I noticed Rock and Roll were doing half price vouchers but no idea if they were decent. I’ll have a look at Bank St 👍

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I noticed Rock and Roll were doing half price vouchers but no idea if they were decent.  👍

Aye, don't be taken in by that. Dawid was with them two years ago and I was £700 full day. I'm booked in with him in Bank St, two years later, £500 full day. 

If she's willing to travel, by anonymous in Dunfermline are throwing out some really good work. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Aye, don't be taken in by that. Dawid was with them two years ago and I was £700 full day. I'm booked in with him in Bank St, two years later, £500 full day. 

If she's willing to travel, by anonymous in Dunfermline are throwing out some really good work. 

Cheers.

Might send her to Dunfermline and get Philpy to grass her up.

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Are autoglass or some such the best for new windscreens or should I be shopping around?

14 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Have a look at Auto Windscreens too.

I can't remember the company, however, when I claimed on the insurance they sent someone from Inverness to do the work, 290 miles round trip, no wonder insurance is so dear.

27 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Are autoglass or some such the best for new windscreens or should I be shopping around?

Most insurance policies cover windscreen repairs/replacement for a nominal fee without it affecting your NCB.  They will tell you who to use.

Most insurance policies cover windscreen repairs/replacement for a nominal fee without it affecting your NCB.  They will tell you who to use.
I have elected to go with autoglass as they are approved by my insurer. Cant get it till a week on Wednesday though so there will be some aggressive pot hole avoidance until then.

On 04/12/2020 at 15:04, Scary Bear said:

What ever happened to George Graham?

Did no one want him after Leeds and Spurs or did he just give up on being a football manager?

He's 76 ffs.

Played for Villa, Man U, Chelsea + Arsenal.

Managed Arsenal & Spurs.

Decent career but couldn't get in the National Side much.

35 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Looking to replace my electric shower, currently a 9kw Mira Sport but its fucked.

Looking for any recommendations also why are Miras more expensive than Triton? Is there a big gulf in quality?

You're probably better of getting another one as different showers have varying water and electrical inlets.

You may have to re-tile if you opt for a another brand.

38 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Looking to replace my electric shower, currently a 9kw Mira Sport but its fucked.

Looking for any recommendations also why are Miras more expensive than Triton? Is there a big gulf in quality?

1 minute ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

You're probably better of getting another one as different showers have varying water and electrical inlets.

Ffs. Not a pun in sight but Zen knocks it out the park. Again. As he always does with plumbing issues.

Like for like = minimal issues/hassle. 

Shouldn't be too much of an issue, its wet wall so no tiling needed and the ones I've seen have multiple inlets that can be used.

So are they all much the same quality wise?

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

Shouldn't be too much of an issue, its wet wall so no tiling needed and the ones I've seen have multiple inlets that can be used.

So are they all much the same quality wise?

Mira probably had a head start in the UK market and they trade on the name being the leading brand, hence they chance it by being a wee bit dearer.

Triton are quite an established brand and wouldn't be around if they made a poor product.

If you know exactly what's wrong with your shower, I've ordered parts from National Shower Spares | UK's #1 Shower Parts Stockist and haven't been let down.

Mira probably had a head start in the UK market and they trade on the name being the leading brand, hence they chance it by being a wee bit dearer.
Triton are quite an established brand and wouldn't be around if they made a poor product.
If you know exactly what's wrong with your shower, I've ordered parts from National Shower Spares | UK's #1 Shower Parts Stockist and haven't been let down.

Unfortunately think it's a few things, been in since we moved into the house but the pressure on the shower started dropping to where it is now next to nothing, the temp selector doesn't appear to be doing anything as it just goes ridiculously hot then the TCO cuts out the heater which makes the water freezing then same again.

Done all the usual stuff, checked for any filters which I couldn't actually find and cleaned the showerhead but no luck.