Quick Question Thread

Emails from a society that I'm part of always end up in my Gmail spam folder (large distribution list), but I'd rather anything from that specific email account went to my primary inbox instead.  Is there a setting for this anywhere in the Gmail app?

20 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Emails from a society that I'm part of always end up in my Gmail spam folder (large distribution list), but I'd rather anything from that specific email account went to my primary inbox instead.  Is there a setting for this anywhere in the Gmail app?

Can you not mark the sender as a recognised sender or similar? I don't really use gmail too often to know but on outlook I can mark spam as "safe" and it just sends it to my inbox from that point forward. 

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Can you not mark the sender as a recognised sender or similar? I don't really use gmail too often to know but on outlook I can mark spam as "safe" and it just sends it to my inbox from that point forward. 

That's what I was thinking, although I can't find such an option.  Cheers anyway.

Eta: ah, there is indeed an option on the desktop version, just couldn't find anything via the app.  Not sure if that only moves that particular message into the primary folder though (i.e. all future emails from the same sender will go straight to spam again, which is not what I want). 

Suppose what I need is some "trust this sender" option.

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 minute ago, HalfCutNinja said:

If you're making a sandwich (toasted in this case) using the heel of the bread, does the heel go on the top or bottom?

Also if its bacon and egg, does the bacon go on top or bottom?

I thought you said making a sandwich, it seems you're making a pair of shoes? 

6 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

If you're making a sandwich (toasted in this case) using the heel of the bread, does the heel go on the top or bottom?

Also if its bacon and egg, does the bacon go on top or bottom?

In my experience as a silver service waiter in some of the top hotels and restaurants in the world,  it is the outsider and bacon on the bottom of the piece.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Interesting. I usually put the bacon on top so it keeps cooking the egg for a little while before you eat it.
Why would you want to continue cooking the egg? Surely you have it with a runny yolk with the egg on top so it drips onto the bacon once broken? And having the thick end/heel/whatever on the bottom soaks up more egg (or brown sauce; tomato sauce is unacceptable) so you have that on the bottom. Surely?

2 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
1 hour ago, HalfCutNinja said:
Interesting. I usually put the bacon on top so it keeps cooking the egg for a little while before you eat it.

Why would you want to continue cooking the egg? Surely you have it with a runny yolk with the egg on top so it drips onto the bacon once broken? And having the thick end/heel/whatever on the bottom soaks up more egg (or brown sauce; tomato sauce is unacceptable) so you have that on the bottom. Surely?

I'm prepared to accept the heel and the egg/bacon, but the sauce goes on top. 

22 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Yeah but his account is actually banned.

Ah, didn't realise, maybe he asked for it to be deactivated? I can't remember him doing anything worthy of the banhammer.

ETA I see his account is saying banned but I asked Tynie a few months back & he said that no longer shows on banned posters after a certain date so I'm confused now as well.

Edited by Perkin Flump

In my garden, by the side of the house there is a access point to the drains. Just a wee plate maybe 6 inch square with 4 screws in it.

Can I use this to run water to when I am generating waste water, or will it reek of shite if I open it?