Quick Question Thread

Just now, Shandön Par said:

Still gutted he cancelled his book signing in Dunfermline. 

Who would you have got it dedicated to?

Betty Windsor, or

Wendy Ann Tabitha Penolope, or

Dear Gran happy 81st? ;)

7 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Would it be good for us to evolve to have an eye in the back of our head, instead of two at the front? That way we'd get a better peripheral sight?

Better peripheral vision but you’d lose you’re binocular vision and spatial awareness. So you’d be able to see who was creeping up on you but you’d have half your kebab and can of cider artistically drizzled down your front.
Oh, wait....

Edited by alta-pete

On 16/02/2021 at 11:05, 101 said:

I'm raging, I thought I better update my license and they gave me one emblazoned with a union jack. But I do need to send the V5 away, can't believe it's not Freepost and I have to buy an envelope.

I have to get a new licence too but I think I've got a small Saltire sticker somewhere to hide the Butcher's Apron.

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Would it be good for us to evolve to have an eye in the back of our head, instead of two at the front? That way we'd get a better peripheral sight?

Spike Milligan told a joke:

A man swallowed a glass eye and he went to the Doctor.

The Doctor told him to take his clothes off for an examination and as the man bent over to take off his socks the Doctor saw the glass eye sticking out the man's rear end and said "What's the matter? Don't you trust me?"

Edited by tamthebam
Bloody predictive text

13 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

It would be a bit of a bugger for people who wear specs...

14 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Alternatively, just walk around with your head turned to the side all the time.  

So I mentioned this briefly in the Show Us Your Pussy thread but I'm canvassing opinions now.

A friend of mine's cat went missing last Monday. Yesterday a neighbour admitted that his two dogs were off the leash and killed it. The vet is pushing my friend to report it to the police as there have been issues with his dogs previously and other cats have gone missing in the same area. The vet also thinks he should pay for the cat's cremation.

So on one hand she wants to make sure that cats in the area are safe from being attacked, and she's worried about the possibility of the dogs attacking a child, but on the other she doesn't want to have two pets put down.

She's obviously in a pretty emotional state as it is, having found out the pet she raised from birth was ripped to pieces, and the idea of getting the police involved will add a layer of stress onto that. Thoughts?