Quick Question Thread

5 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

I regularly handle a number of slags. I’m fact today, I’m going to be showing some parents and their kids pictures of slags. I regularly have folk phoning me up to ask questions about slags. Love a good slag.

OK then. You're a mushroom supper sheep eating shagging deviant married to a fag hag. 

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Stating bare faced facts isn’t a slagging tbh.

Correct.

And the accusations being levelled should be insulting.  Some of these seem positively complimentary to me.

6 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

I regularly handle a number of slags. I’m fact today, I’m going to be showing some parents and their kids pictures of slags. I regularly have folk phoning me up to ask questions about slags. Love a good slag.

ETA I can get lots of different slags for free. I’ve even got some in my shed.

Melanius?!?!! Wash yo mouth out. Yo in so much trouble when you get home. Mama gunna whop yo ass!!! 

2FD17832-BF59-4F20-B829-F85E8F937ECD.gif

7 hours ago, hk blues said:

Check your contract - that will almost certainly say what notice is required.  If you quit with less they could withhold payments but only if the contract says they can do so.

@philpy

They can only hold a certain amount back. If they do take money back from you from over used holiday entitlement or training courses etc, they must give you at least the amount a minimum wage would give you for a month's work. If you are still due them money after this, it is a court job for them.

Edited by johnnydun

My old work was a week for every year over 2 years. No way was I giving them 9 weeks. They can't keep money that is owed to you. Once you secure your start date it's entirely down to you and how you want them to view you after you leave. 
If it's been that toxic and harmful to you, go out with a win. One weeks notice. 
Apart from if you leave early without agreement from the employer they can bring in someone to replace you and send you the bill.

I was at a gig at the weekend. One of the songs played before any bands came on was either a cover or a heavily-sampled version of Born Slippy by Underworld. Think not as heavy on the electric drum beats part but with an alternative/indie rock band kind of sound playing it. I can't remember if the regular lyrics were being sung or other ones, but I think it was different words. I've looked around the internet and can't find anything even really in this genre/style, never mind one that sounds like what I heard.

The closest I've been able to find is this, which is similar in style to what I heard but not as heavy, there was definitely a lot more bass in the version that was on. Anyone got any ideas? Was I hallucinating? 

37 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
On 04/04/2022 at 20:21, Mr. Alli said:
My old work was a week for every year over 2 years. No way was I giving them 9 weeks. They can't keep money that is owed to you. Once you secure your start date it's entirely down to you and how you want them to view you after you leave. 
If it's been that toxic and harmful to you, go out with a win. One weeks notice. 

Apart from if you leave early without agreement from the employer they can bring in someone to replace you and send you the bill.

Bullshit.

26 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I was at a gig at the weekend. One of the songs played before any bands came on was either a cover or a heavily-sampled version of Born Slippy by Underworld. Think not as heavy on the electric drum beats part but with an alternative/indie rock band kind of sound playing it. I can't remember if the regular lyrics were being sung or other ones, but I think it was different words. I've looked around the internet and can't find anything even really in this genre/style, never mind one that sounds like what I heard.

The closest I've been able to find is this, which is similar in style to what I heard but not as heavy, there was definitely a lot more bass in the version that was on. Anyone got any ideas? Was I hallucinating? 

There’s a cover of Born Slippy on one of the Pete Tong & The Heritage Orchestra albums. Not very indie though! Does have different lyrics.

eta here you go.. it has Wylie rapping on it

Edited by Shandon Par

6 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

In reality there’s little to no chance of an employer going to court to sue an ex employee for a couple of hundred quid though. 

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

In reality there’s little to no chance of an employer going to court to sue an ex employee for a couple of hundred quid though. 

Correct.   There are many things that are possible in law.  Once you decide you don’t want to work somewhere in reality no employer is stopping you leaving early or taking you to court for it.  The alternative is they’re paying you to attend when you can sit about doing f**k all on their dime.

33 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

There’s a cover of Born Slippy on one of the Pete Tong & The Heritage Orchestra albums. Not very indie though! Does have different lyrics.

eta here you go.. it has Wylie rapping on it

Definitely wasn't this

17 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
2 hours ago, Left Back said:
Bullshit.

It really isn't.

Go find a single example of this happening and I’ll retract my comment.

As I said many things are possible in law.

In the real world we live in an employer suing an ex employee for not working their notice is never happening and they wouldn’t win if they tried it.  The ex-employee could counter with unfair dismissal, constructive dismissal,  and all sorts.  The only winner is the lawyers hence no-one will bother.

9 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
On 04/04/2022 at 20:21, Mr. Alli said:

:lol:

10 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

There has been many remixes over the years, https://www.beatport.com/track/born-slippy/10511422  you can get a sample here.

Also know of a few Indie various, but can't find it.  Will keep looking, and get back to you.

Apologies if this has been brought up before.  Just seen an advert for Sky's new Glass tv that works sans dish and uses wifi.  Got me thinking about their previous "innovation" that was the 3D tv that, if i remember rightly, required 3D glasses to view.  Seems it didn't last long.  Did anyone here buy one of these TVs and was the 3D angle displayed via a particular setting and the rest of the programmes broadcast in HD ??  Don't know anyone who bought one, so not sure if the TVs still are in use or was it a very expensive turkey for those who bought one ??