Quick Question Thread

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Think of it as a ratchet strap predecessor to spanx. Also the cause of many a regretful awakening with a hangover and a guest, back in the day.

From a curiously filled section of my memory, I seem to remember such a garment being used to repair part of the engine of the USS Sea Tiger in the film "Operation Petticoat". Clearly an impressively strong garment.

Nope, no idea why that stuck there.

32 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

From a curiously filled section of my memory, I seem to remember such a garment being used to repair part of the engine of the USS Sea Tiger in the film "Operation Petticoat". Clearly an impressively strong garment.

Nope, no idea why that stuck there.

Not sure about the repair part, but I do recall a bra saving the boat from attack.

• 2 weeks later...

2 questions really from the 1 problem.

I am a lazy c**t and have not done anything in my garden for ages. I have some rather large Thistle type weeds growing, covered, I mean covered in Bees.

1. How do I get rid of weeds without harming the Bees.

2. How do I do this without getting stung to f**k?

Thank you.

8 hours ago, johnnydun said:

2 questions really from the 1 problem.

I am a lazy c**t and have not done anything in my garden for ages. I have some rather large Thistle type weeds growing, covered, I mean covered in Bees.

1. How do I get rid of weeds without harming the Bees.

2. How do I do this without getting stung to f**k?

Thank you.

1.  You’re a lazy c**t. 
2. Bees are good. 
3.  It’s September. 
4.  Leave the bees the f**k alone, they’ll move on and the thistles will die back all in their own time. 
5.  Revisit said issue in November. 
HTH. 

I have come into some money which I don't need immediately and because I'm boring id like to take a lump off my mortgage.

Renewal is 18 months away and I'm paying less than 2% currently so I thought stick in a fixed ISA up to my limit and give balance to wife to do same.

Anyone got any better ideas or just want to hang onto it for me until I'm ready?

8 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I have come into some money which I don't need immediately and because I'm boring id like to take a lump off my mortgage.

Renewal is 18 months away and I'm paying less than 2% currently so I thought stick in a fixed ISA up to my limit and give balance to wife to do same.

Anyone got any better ideas or just want to hang onto it for me until I'm ready?

Pm me your bank details and I’ll get your dodgy cash laundered investment sorted for you

3 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

The amount you’ll make on interest will be relatively modest compared to Mrs Arab’s desire for a new kitchen/bathroom or lifetime holiday or indeed your sudden desire for a new car. Get it dumped in the mortgage, get it out of sight and get it forgotten about. 

3 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

I knew a guy who came into money once. 

All the pound notes stuck together. 

4 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

If it were me and I did not need it for a few years I’d put it in a stocks and shares ISA and invest it in a passive fund like the UBS S&P 500.*

* this does not constitute investment advice.