Quick Question Thread

2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Based on looks only (which, let's face it, is all that matters) it has to be Julie so I'm with the young lad on that.

Maybe not the most flattering picture of Lee. 

Here she is in an episode of the show playing a different character.

201877__16895.1508280081.1280.1280.jpg?c

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Strange one, this. Scott and I have been watching the old Batman TV series. He mentioned to me that the actress playing Catwoman was different to the one in the 1966 movie. 

I said I knew. Lee Meriwether was in the movie and Julie Newmar in the show. Then, offhand, I mentioned that I thought Lee Meriwether was better in the part. It was as if I'd slapped him. He wasn't having it and was quite vocal about Julie Newmar. Unusual for him. Anyway, we were left at an impasse. So, I thought I'd check with a wider audience - who's the better one?

Lee?

38314054895_665db71ec5_b.jpg

or Julie?

Julie-Newmar-batman-4ca3819882864f2f80d2

You forgot to mention that they both appeared in Star Trek.

On 06/12/2023 at 10:23, scottsdad said:

Strange one, this. Scott and I have been watching the old Batman TV series. He mentioned to me that the actress playing Catwoman was different to the one in the 1966 movie. 

I said I knew. Lee Meriwether was in the movie and Julie Newmar in the show. Then, offhand, I mentioned that I thought Lee Meriwether was better in the part. It was as if I'd slapped him. He wasn't having it and was quite vocal about Julie Newmar. Unusual for him. Anyway, we were left at an impasse. So, I thought I'd check with a wider audience - who's the better one?

Lee?

38314054895_665db71ec5_b.jpg

or Julie?

Julie-Newmar-batman-4ca3819882864f2f80d2

57 minutes ago, BFTD said:

See those water tooth flossers that are always getting advertised on the TV? Are they any good, or a shitey gimmick?

Work great, when used. Last one I saw was in the cabinet under the sink for a couple of years.

13 hours ago, BFTD said:

See those water tooth flossers that are always getting advertised on the TV? Are they any good, or a shitey gimmick?

Shite (in my limited experience). I couldn’t believe the pressure generated by a AA battery powered water gun but by f**k did it rip into my gums. It lasted less than a week before it got fired into the bin. Back to good old inconvenient floss for me. 

I have a mate who’s struggling with damp and mould in his flat. He was telling me that he has the heating set at 8 degrees then puts it up to 23 degrees for a couple hours at night then puts it back to 8 again.

My other mate who’s living with him just now says the place is baltic anytime he goes in. 

I tend to keep mine at a constant heat (16) during the night and then turn it up to 18/19 through the day (work from home).

I have very little experience with this sort of thing. Could his method of heating his flat be exacerbating the damp/mould? Even if it’s not the root cause? 

8 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I have a mate who’s struggling with damp and mould in his flat. He was telling me that he has the heating set at 8 degrees then puts it up to 23 degrees for a couple hours at night then puts it back to 8 again.

My other mate who’s living with him just now says the place is baltic anytime he goes in. 

I tend to keep mine at a constant heat (16) during the night and then turn it up to 18/19 through the day (work from home).

I have very little experience with this sort of thing. Could his method of heating his flat be exacerbating the damp/mould? Even if it’s not the root cause? 

8 degrees is cold. I'm not an expert but going from 8 to 23 and then back to 8 cannot be good for the flat. 

I keep our heating at a constant 20 degrees during the day. Turn it down to 16 at night. Also it is good to let fresh air into your house.

11 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

If the temperature drops below the dew point this is where dampness can get a grip, raising the temperature to 12 degrees would go some way to prevent this from happening.