Quick Question Thread

10 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

My young lad has just received a letter from the polis stating that he committed a parking offence last month in Edinburgh and hasn't paid it.

He wasn't in Edinburgh, cloned plates?

The wardens take pics of cars they ticket. Ask to see them. This should confirm that your boy is at it.

57 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

My young lad has just received a letter from the polis stating that he committed a parking offence last month in Edinburgh and hasn't paid it.

He wasn't in Edinburgh, cloned plates?

Cloned plates or a young lad not being totally honest with his dad?

Tough call imo.

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Cloned plates or a young lad not being totally honest with his dad?

Tough call imo.

He really wasn't there.  We stay 60 odd miles away and his brother was literally talking to him in the house when the ticket was issued.

Re getting the images... They don't make it easy.

We don't have the ticket and the letter doesn't have the PCN number on it.

36 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

He really wasn't there.  We stay 60 odd miles away and his brother was literally talking to him in the house when the ticket was issued.

Re getting the images... They don't make it easy.

We don't have the ticket and the letter doesn't have the PCN number on it.

Sounds like a scam!

Send me £50 and I’ll take care of it for you.

On 15/09/2024 at 19:09, Granny Danger said:

Does anyone on here use American Express?

I have no idea why it’s still a thing.

Many moons ago, the MIL came over from the US expecting to put everything on her Amex card - she was stunned that it wasn't accepted in a lot of places here. No idea if that's still the case, but you certainly don't see a lot about it, unlike Visa and Mastercard.

Was it ever common here? I remember seeing adverts for it on the telly in the Eighties alongside Access, your flexible friend.

On 15/09/2024 at 19:09, Granny Danger said:

Does anyone on here use American Express?

I have no idea why it’s still a thing.

Yes. Only for getting avios and airport lounge access. If you shop through the avios app you can double up as you get the points there and then convert the amex points.

You cant use it in wee places so much but all tesco, amazon, hotels etc go on it

It's about 88% interest though.

Is there a site or app that can be used to list all of the films that are being shown in a particular area? I'm a bit pissed off with having to go to each company's site to see what they're showing during the next week - I'd prefer to see the list of films on in Scotland and then see if it's at a cinema I can feasibly get to. I've missed a couple of brief showings of films that I might not get the chance to see again because they were at a cinema I'd never been to before.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Is there a site or app that can be used to list all of the films that are being shown in a particular area? I'm a bit pissed off with having to go to each company's site to see what they're showing during the next week - I'd prefer to see the list of films on in Scotland and then see if it's at a cinema I can feasibly get to. I've missed a couple of brief showings of films that I might not get the chance to see again because they were at a cinema I'd never been to before.

I thought all the dirty mac cinemas were closed now. 

Sticky floors.