Quick Question Thread

12 hours ago, scottsdad said:

How much does it cost to get a tree cut down? 

Depends on the tree.  Maybe a custodial sentence for the Sycamore Gap one at Hadrian's Wall.

10 hours ago, hk blues said:

No idea, you've got me stumped. 

10 hours ago, Fullerene said:

I twigged you are trying to be funny here. 

You should stick to the original question and leave the puns out.

10 hours ago, hk blues said:

I did go out on a bit of a limb right enough. 

7 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Maybe.  Don't pine over it.

5 hours ago, Eednud said:

Fir goodness sake.

Saps.

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

None of you are any help, you know...

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952gai7vnj6n28twsgysac

Help?  You didn't say help.  You asked how much would it cost.  I would love to help.  I watched all those YouTube clips during lockdown.  Cut a notch at the front, a horizontal cut in the middle and start cutting from the back.  Sounds easy to me.  If you have the chainsaw I'll give it a go.  Oh and plan your escape route.  I'll play that by ear.  What fun.  Let's go.

2 hours ago, Empty It said:

Borrow a chainsaw and do it yourself, what's the worst that could happen?

Getting a kicking from the polis in Paisley. 

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Swarley said:

Who is the P&Ber who always seems to maim/seriously injure themselves whenever they do DIY? Don't ask them.

@Shandon Par - your chance to shine!

Obviously the internet was made primarily for cat pictures and naked ladies, but people making a c**t of chopping trees down must be a distant third. @scottsdad, please remember to film the proceedings and we'll watch it in your memory.

Edit: found a lovely guide to help, along with some nice pictures for colouring-in while waiting for the ambulance: https://extension.uga.edu/publications/detail.html?number=C1243&title=chainsaw-safety-preventing-common-tree-felling-accidents

mceclip61.jpg

Edited by BFTD

Shandon has some serious competition........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sussex/7644404.stm

"He kicked on the door of neighbour Steve Francis who dialled 999 and kept the limb in a bag of frozen pastry.

Mr Francis said: "My first impression was it was a joke. Then I looked down at his arm and saw there was no arm.""

10 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Help?  You didn't say help.  You asked how much would it cost.  I would love to help.  I watched all those YouTube clips during lockdown.  Cut a notch at the front, a horizontal cut in the middle and start cutting from the back.  Sounds easy to me.  If you have the chainsaw I'll give it a go.  Oh and plan your escape route.  I'll play that by ear.  What fun.  Let's go.

I think there is a chainsaw lying in a back garden somewhere in Paisley that the owner won't need for a while.  

12 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I know car insurance has flew up but has anyone else’s home insurance went up dramatically? I paid £212 last year to they’re wanting £496 off me to renew 

Yes this is pretty much the norm with house insurance. Most have gone up by 30% since beginning of the year.

Shop around!

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Does anyone else get endless adverts for Star Trek Fleet Command (a PC game), or am I being targeted?

I'm getting it too, and I don't own Captain Kirk PJs.

The rule is that, if you're getting adverts for a mobile game, it's shite and will steal your money. No exceptions.