Quick Question Thread

Zingy from the EDF adverts: What the hell is he meant to be? So far I think he's just Mr Hankey's cousin or something.

A flame.

Shit was going down at Glasgow Queen Street station at around 2:30pm today. There was a crowd of men trapped in a ring of policeman, being watched over by about 5 policeman on horses and a helicopter above. Anyone know what the hell was going on?

I hate shaving. I absolutely despise it.

Is it worth getting an electric razor or is it better to just do it with a razor blades?

Depends how often you need to shave tbh. My electric one does the job each day but doesn't shave as close as a blade so by 8pm I could be doing with another shave, especially if going out that night etc.

Depends how often you need to shave tbh. My electric one does the job each day but doesn't shave as close as a blade so by 8pm I could be doing with another shave, especially if going out that night etc.

I have pretty sensitive skin, is an electric razor better for this sort of skin?

An electric razor doesn't give you that clean shaven feeling that a blade will, and you'll have to shave more often with an electric razor as it doesn't cut near as close. I use an electric shaver more out of laziness than anything else and in my experience it is better for sensitive skin.

I have pretty sensitive skin, is an electric razor better for this sort of skin?

I'm in the same boat and I haven't had a wet shave for years, I just use a beard trimmer. Leaves me with a bit of designer stubble, which the ladies luuuuurve. 8)

An electric razor doesn't give you that clean shaven feeling that a blade will, and you'll have to shave more often with an electric razor as it doesn't cut near as close. I use an electric shaver more out of laziness than anything else and in my experience it is better for sensitive skin.

Grow it.

I currently have a two week beard, and it looks fucking majestic!

My quick question is how did Greece qualify last night since there goal difference is worse than Russia's?

If it go's on head to head does that mean Holland are out since the most they can get is the same amount of points as Denmark who beat them so would win the HtH?

My quick question is how did Greece qualify last night since there goal difference is worse than Russia's?

If it go's on head to head does that mean Holland are out since the most they can get is the same amount of points as Denmark who beat them so would win the HtH?

Gary Linekar tweeted about this earlier actually. Head to head comes before GD.

Probably easier to just screen cap and post his tweets:

post-3802-0-57693000-1339945640_thumb.jp

If Holland win by 2 goals and Germany beat Denmark, yes Denmark beat Holland on H2H but also Holland beat Portugal on H2H and Portugal beat Denmark on H2H, and all those 3 clubs would be ties on 3 points. So it would then go to goal difference. Holland would have +0, Portugal would have -2 and Denmark would have minus whatever Germany beat them by, so Holland would go through.

I think :unsure:

Edited by Akpo Sodje

If all three teams have the same goal difference, it then goes to goals scored. As far as I'm aware there is eight ways to settle a tie and the last one is to draw lots if the previous methods all still result in a draw. I'm sure that's impossible with the tournament structure though.

God, are you lot thick or what?!? It's really simple.. blink.gif

Equality of points after the group matches

8.07 If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the

following criteria are applied, in the order given; to determine the rankings:

a) higher number of points obtained in the matches among the teams in question;

b) superior goal difference in the matches among the teams in question (if more

than two teams finish equal on points);

c) higher number of goals scored in the matches among the teams in question (if

more than two teams finish equal on points);

d) superior goal difference in all the group matches;

e) higher number of goals scored in all the group matches;

f) position in the UEFA national team coefficient ranking system (see Annex I,

paragraph 1.2.2);

g) fair play conduct of the teams (final tournament);

h) drawing of lots.

8.08 If two teams which have the same number of points, the same number of goals

scored and conceded play their last group match against each other and are still

equal at the end of that match, the ranking of the two teams in question is

determined by kicks from the penalty mark (Article 16), provided no other teams

within the group have the same number of points on completion of all group

matches. Should more than two teams have the same number of points, the criteria

listed under paragraph 8.07 apply.

Got that? ph34r.gif

So then what happens if both games end 1-0 that means all three bottom teams are on -1 and head to heads are still the same?

Im lost.

I think it would go to goals scored, where Denmark and Portugal would have both scored 3 and conceded 4. But Portugal won the H2H so they would go through. Holland can be discounted here as they would only have scored 2

I reckon I'll go for the electric one, then. I don't like the feeling of being properly clean shaven but if it cuts down the time it takes even if I need to do it more often, it's onto a winner. It's pretty much down to laziness too tbh.

Cheers.