The New Raith Rovers Thread

Can't see that happening til hes back in the team... March time probably

I think that's madness though. I don't think it's a risk giving him a contract. Even if he doesn't get back to the player he was beginning to look like he's still a better option than the other strikers we are paying a wage for this season, and if he does come back firing on all cylinders, someone will take him off our hands for a development fee. It doesn't have to cost us anything this season to give him an extension and it shows the player that he's valued so, to me, it's good for the player and it's good for the club so we should get on and do it. Christ, we're presumably paying for his treatment so we might as well try to get the benefit of a fit talented player at the end of it.

I think that's madness though. I don't think it's a risk giving him a contract. Even if he doesn't get back to the player he was beginning to look like he's still a better option than the other strikers we are paying a wage for this season, and if he does come back firing on all cylinders, someone will take him off our hands for a development fee. It doesn't have to cost us anything this season to give him an extension and it shows the player that he's valued so, to me, it's good for the player and it's good for the club so we should get on and do it. Christ, we're presumably paying for his treatment so we might as well try to get the benefit of a fit talented player at the end of it.

Mate, if it was upto me, I'd be giving him a 5 year deal. From a professional point of view though, I can't see them extending his deal until he's back fit. However I do think he should be signed up for the forseeable though..

Look at Falkirk and Hamilton Accies. They're the 2 clubs we need to start to look at in terms of selling our youngsters. Vaughan, Callachan, Matthews and even Bates could all possibly be sold on in the future. Callachan and Matthews are already signed on til the end of next season. Vaughan and Bates have to be extended sooner rather than later as well. Would be brilliant if they 4 were the spine of the team in a couple of years..

McKinnon saying during the week Cuthbert has a broken finger and no McGurn today in the Stranraer squad. Loan being cut short?

Just to stoke that particular fire, Ross Laidlaw has been replaced by Scott Law on the bench for the last few games.

McKinnon saying during the week Cuthbert has a broken finger and no McGurn today in the Stranraer squad. Loan being cut short?

Just to stoke that particular fire, Ross Laidlaw has been replaced by Scott Law on the bench for the last few games.

Laidlaw rumoured to have a kidney injury a couple of weeks ago. No idea how long term an injury that might be.

The plot thickens, good job we have four keepers.

Mcgurn is meant to be officially returning to us on first january, due to cuthberts broken finger and laidlaws internal organ injury, so all those folk who moaned about having 3 goalies and a youth keeper, and having mcgurn laoned out, well nows your answer, mcgurns now had game time and is fully match fit, cuthbert had deserved no1 jersey regardless of mcgurns hero status, laidlaw has been showing enough in training to ray thatbhe deserved no 2 status, its now upto davey to win back ray mac,

As for striker options, i really dont see where any cash will be coming from to help pay for any new strikers in january, yes daly should free up some sort of wages but i am hoping a deal was done with hearts thats been kept hush hush that we get a striker from them for 6 months loan.

Not sure who that would be but bound to have 1 spare,?

Also time of year when top flight clubs start cutting there sauads by releasing players so maybe there could be a few hidden gem free agents, but im holding out for brian graham on loan, he has been injured and his replacement in boyce has been banging in the goals and macintyre has preffered 1 striker formation.

I'd presumed that Daly was on a decent salary as well, which was why I wasn't very enamoured that we took him on in the first place, but I'm reliably informed that he signed for buttons.

Now of course, that could be a lot of rubbish, but I'm not sure it's going to free up as much cash as the majority of us thought.