The New Raith Rovers Thread

Craigen is a good player. A bad run of form doesn't make a player bad. He's maybe not suited to being essentially a second striker which seems to have been the case last night, he was far too high up the pitch to have been playing cm for most of the game.

Can anyone tell me why Vaughan hasn't been offered another year at least? I know it's a bad injury but his recovery speed has been good. If he comes back close to the player he was and is snapped up by someone else it will be a travesty!

Craigen has been awful for weeks. If someone offered to take him and Robertson off our hands now I'd be delighted. We already have Toshney, Benedictus, Callachan and Stewart in place for next season. Maybe Matthews as well. The only other players we absolutely must sign are Thomson and Vaughan.

Craigen's loss of form has coincided with our general downturn. IMO, he is our best midfielder, though I do think his strengths would be better suited centrally rather than out wide. Realistically, he is just about our best bet for scoring a goal from open play. And yes, that does highlight a problem.

Interview from Longridge in the Ffp this morning. Hes talking about winning the play-offs with us this season never mind making 4th spot :lol: :lol:

We'll need to bring him down a peg or 2. No room for that sort of optimism round these parts..

Also says that Mckinnon is working round the clock trying to get the striker in ahead of our trip to paisley on Saturday. And that he's even been forced to look outwith the country as well to try and find a striker who'll score goals. Hes apparently made 2 enquiries recently. One of the conversations didn't particularly go that well, but hes only waiting on a phone call back about the second one. Lets hope he does solve our problems.

Players I'd definitely keep for next season;

Cuthbert

Thomson, Bene (obv), Toshney (obv), Rory, Bates

Callachan, Craigen, McCord, Matthews, Anderson, Megginson

Vaughan (100% must), Stewart

The rest (that's been in and out the 1st XI) I'm not overly fussy for, but I think this core is decent.

Cuthbert

The rest (that's been in and out the 1st XI) I'm not overly fussy for, but I think this core is decent.

It would be easier saying who you wouldn't keep.

I'm pretty much with you, with a couple of exceptions.

Unless Megginson can show us something we don't has between now and the end of the season, then he should be away as well.

McCord also hasn't done enough to impress. He's decent enough for a bottom to mid-table Championship midfielder, but I was hoping that full-time football would see him develop. For me, that hasn't happened.

When I look at players to keep, it has to be ones who can help us develp into a team that can challenge for the league. Aspiring to 4th place is not what I'm after.

When we're full strength out defence is fairly strong but the midfield needs better quality, as does the attack.

Edited by Scary Bear

Interview from Longridge in the Ffp this morning. Hes talking about winning the play-offs with us this season never mind making 4th spot :lol: :lol:

We'll need to bring him down a peg or 2. No room for that sort of optimism round these parts..

Also says that Mckinnon is working round the clock trying to get the striker in ahead of our trip to paisley on Saturday. And that he's even been forced to look outwith the country as well to try and find a striker who'll score goals. Hes apparently made 2 enquiries recently. One of the conversations didn't particularly go that well, but hes only waiting on a phone call back about the second one. Lets hope he does solve our problems.

Please be Tade, please be Tade.

shoes.gif

By the way, what was the idea behind the "presentation" to Jon Daly at the Hibs match? A photo of his 1st goal? On the pitch? Cheerio big man, thanks for everything? How many other better players have left the club without even a nod, never mind a photo of a goal? More appropriate would have been a photo of a carthorse pishing money down a drain. Equally difficult photo to get your hands on, granted.

Cuthbert

I believe he has signed a new deal

By the way, what was the idea behind the "presentation" to Jon Daly at the Hibs match? A photo of his 1st goal? On the pitch? Cheerio big man, thanks for everything? How many other better players have left the club without even a nod, never mind a photo of a goal? More appropriate would have been a photo of a carthorse pishing money down a drain. Equally difficult photo to get your hands on, granted.

I'm guessing it was because it was the final game of his career, rather than anything he'd particularly done for ourselves.

It was a nice gesture I suppose.