The New Raith Rovers Thread

By the way, what was the idea behind the "presentation" to Jon Daly at the Hibs match? A photo of his 1st goal? On the pitch? Cheerio big man, thanks for everything? How many other better players have left the club without even a nod, never mind a photo of a goal? More appropriate would have been a photo of a carthorse pishing money down a drain. Equally difficult photo to get your hands on, granted.

Agree with this completely. Thinking back the number of players who've left after giving everything and only get a note on the website. Dougie Hill, Mark Campbell and Craig Wilson (Over 100 games on the bounce without missing a minute) all had bigger impacts and got nothing. Cringeworthy in the extreme.

Agree with this completely. Thinking back the number of players who've left after giving everything and only get a note on the website. Dougie Hill, Mark Campbell and Craig Wilson (Over 100 games on the bounce without missing a minute) all had bigger impacts and got nothing. Cringeworthy in the extreme.

It's obviously because it was his final game in football. I imagine it was a services to the game in general rather than from us specifically.

......in the Ffp this morning.....

Also says that Mckinnon is working round the clock trying to get the striker in ahead of our trip to paisley on Saturday. And that he's even been forced to look outwith the country as well to try and find a striker who'll score goals. Hes apparently made 2 enquiries recently. One of the conversations didn't particularly go that well, but hes only waiting on a phone call back about the second one. Lets hope he does solve our problems.

Link

Players I'd definitely keep for next season;

Cuthbert

Thomson, Bene (obv), Toshney (obv), Rory, Bates

Callachan, Craigen, McCord, Matthews, Anderson, Megginson

Vaughan (100% must), Stewart

The rest (that's been in and out the 1st XI) I'm not overly fussy for, but I think this core is decent.

Get McCord tae f**k. Even more of a waste of a wage than Robertsons been.

I was almost in tears last weekend, when we were 2-0 down to Hibs, and the change we ended up making to try and get back in the game was McCord for Megginson.. McCord should be nowhere near the team.

Edited by Rovers1992/1993

I'm sure Nathan Austin will do well for Falkirk. We'll probably end up with someone who hasn't scored a goal in 60 games. It's the Rovers way. I was really hoping for John Sutton, experience to boot. Then there's the kid down south McKinnon is looking at.

Interesting that McKinnon said last week he wasn't looking for a youngster yet this appears to be the direction we have no option but to go down.

He says a young striker. A 22yr/23yr old striker is a young striker but old enough to be classed as an experienced one as well. Give me a 22yr old striker wanting to prove his worth than a 30 yr old starting to take it easy any day of the week. Bring back JJ Hooper I say.

:lol: When we have had to sit through the pain of watching Daly and Wighton the last 5 months, It can't be any worse.

Plus I thought he looked not too bad in the game he played as a trialist, from what I can remember anyway :lol:

The best we got out of him was when he hit the foot of the post against Dalkeith.