The New Raith Rovers Thread

If you have seen any of my other posts on him then you should know I know him mate. Rovers told him when he got injured they would look after them and he's wanting to repay that. Hopefully he comes back, fires in the goals for Raith and he comes to the Hibs and you get a decent fee. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in Wales though.

I do know that you know him mate and I appreciate that your updating us on his situation. Things could change if he got a brilliant offer down south though and I wouldn't grudge him the move. I'm just really hoping we get news soon on a 5 year deal for him :lol:

I do know that you know him mate and I appreciate that your updating us on his situation. Things could change if he got a brilliant offer down south though and I wouldn't grudge him the move. I'm just really hoping we get news soon on a 5 year deal for him :lol:

That's true and fair dos my man. Should be sorted before he's back. He was more worried about not playing for Raith again when he done his ligament nevernind a higher level. Like I said new manager came in and assured him he would be looked after and he's not the kind of boy to turn his back on that.

Lewis did the half time 50/50 draw on Tuesday night (or was it Saturday?) and said he was hoping to be back for March.

I posted here originally saying March a few weeks ago at least, down to being given all clear by the doc down south. He was down on Thursday and was told he's about 3-4 weeks away from training again so March is a good guideline.

It was the Scottish cup match he done the draw. He got Cummings shirt after the match.

I think the Sutton deal stalled when Rangers started making moves for O'Halloren

It had nothing to do with it. Seeing as they play completely different positions.

It stalled because one of strikers was injured and the other two options in front of Sutton weren't scoring.

I do hope we still try and punt him out though, wouldnt be at all upset if we released him.

Edited by RandomGuy.

It had nothing to do with it. Seeing as they play completely different positions.

It stalled because one of strikers was injured and the other two options in front of Sutton weren't scoring.

I do hope we still try and punt him out though, wouldnt be at all upset if we released him.

We'll possibly take him in the summer then, whether it be a loan deal or permanent( if you release him).

We'll possibly take him in the summer then, whether it be a loan deal or permanent( if you release him).

Unless he suddenly starts scoring every week he'll likely be allowed to leave for free in this window if we get reinforcements in, or in the Summer. For some reason we gave him a two year contract though.

The nomination process to select the next RRFC Supporter - Director is now underway.

Rovers supporters who are interested need to put forward their nomination - in the event that more than one nomination is received an election will take place.

Full details here: http://www.raithrovers.net/?p=23039

The current Supporter – Director, David Wann, is stepping down from the role and not standing for re – election.

He might continue as a director in his own right but I'll bet he's a relieved man now that he's removing himself from the role of fans' director.

I fully intend to sound ignorant here. What exactly has dave done in the role? This isn't a pop at him, or the position. It's just not something i have heard a lot about.

So one of the biggest challenges is the perception that the fans director is there to represent the wider raith rovers fanbase. The role is their to represent the main supporters groups.

Too be fair to Dave, having a flick through the Rovers Facebook page shows that he was more often than not on hand for various fundraisers and community opportunities.

That said I would like to think that if I was in his position and although not necessarily intended to represent them I would make a conscious effort to mix with the fans and be cognisant of their thoughts etc.

Dave always seemed more at home in the directors box.

Have to say fair play though, I could imagine it would be a tough role in which he took his fair share of stick.

Will certainly be interesting to see who puts themselves forward.

So what's happened to the boy we were looking at from Strathspey Thistle? Have we gone off him? All v quiet on striking front (as usual).

Would hazard a guess we're not interested. That boy Joel Thomas we were looking at has went back to France as well. Unless McKinnon has others on his radar it seems we're holding out for this English player.