The New Raith Rovers Thread

New social media guy being signed after old one was hunted down by frustrated Raith fans with pitchforks and torches.

I think it's brilliant. Whoever does that is clearly on the wind up and folk are spitting the dummy like crazy!

Remember when we announced things at 11pm and folk got angry because they had work the next day? Those were the days.

I still think the best one of these pre-announcements was when East Fife had BIG SIGNING NEWS! and they had it in their heads that they were signing Marvin Andrews from us - and it turned out the signing was a new tractor (admittedly the tractor probably had a tighter turning circle than Big Marv)

Edited by renton

I think it's brilliant. Whoever does that is clearly on the wind up and folk are spitting the dummy like crazy!

I get where you're coming from and if the club were flying high and we were on a fantastic run then I'd agree. But the past 2-3 months haven't been great for a variety of reasons, one of which was down to having that useless lump up front for us, and so to mock the fans like the last few tweets have tried to do is a little bit silly in opinion.

Hopefully the next tweet at 11am actually brings some good signing news and not just an announcement that the club office have have had a new batch of pens delivered!

The second game at home to St Mirren that season was brilliant.

St Mirren supporters had a whistle and were doing the old "*peep *peep Buddies army!" until big Brew skelped in a screamer.

Delirium from our support, glorious silence from theirs.

Pretty sure Tam Carson saved a penalty in that game too though may be mistaken.

Doesn't say it's a loan deal just short term until end of season !

Doesn't really matter I suppose. Though I doubt we could afford a guy used to EPL U-21 wages unless it was a loan.

Edited by renton