The New Raith Rovers Thread

So it's Stu McCall or nothing for you Rents?

Have you any other candidates you'd like to see come forward (not that anyone has declared an interest yet as far as I know), I'd like to see Billy Stark, Alex Cleland or Jack Ross perhaps.

I gave my reasons for not wanting Crawford or Naismith.

Personally I'd also rule out: McPherson as at QotS, Murray at St Mirren, Mickey at Berwick and Cowden, Lennon at Alloa (and the unquoted Jim McInally at Morton) have all been failures at this level or below. Both Barry Fergusson and Ian McCall are simply a***holes of the highest calibre.

Out of interest what would be your reasons for not wanting Mixu, Butcher or Locke?  Granted all 3 have overseen the relegation of their respective sides, but from the SPL and in all cases the teams in question's fates were all but sealed before they took over.

That last paragraph is absolute nonsense. United were one point adrift with 27 games to play; Butcher's Hibs were midtable and, again, had over 20 games to play; Locke took over in the previous season, albeit the season they went down they had a points deduction. He also did the heavy lifting in Kilmarnock's forthcoming relegation.

That last paragraph is absolute nonsense. United were one point adrift with 27 games to play; Butcher's Hibs were midtable and, again, had over 20 games to play; Locke took over in the previous season, albeit the season they went down they had a points deduction. He also did the heavy lifting in Kilmarnock's forthcoming relegation.

Harsh. Tough job down Rugby Park and F*****k are a decent team but it is gonna be a corker of a playoff final. I think Pars fans are gonna love the additional derbies with Grangemouth's finest. The Pars can send Killie a percentage for the favour.

I'd just like to pop in and say the Raith Rovers fan that's on the Terrace Podcast is absolutely superb. That is all.

Here's me thinking me getting away from work a bit earlier would be the highlight of my Friday. Cheers.

Thanks to Hank for calling me a top-c*unt too. YAS!

Anyway, over to more serious stuff, and I'm really worried about the names being mentioned.

I appreciate most managers that would be linked with us have a downside, but I'm struggling to see the upside of boys like Barry Smith, Gary Locke, etc. Deary me.

Surely someone who has the fewest amount of negatives on their C V has to be in there? If so, that rules out three quarters of the list which I've seen. Thankfully.

Edited by McGuigan1978

lower league success would mean Brian Reid !!!!

I would prefer an articulate ex player with international experience, who has worked/is currently working in Scotland with youth team experience.

Need to remember we have a young squad and this needs to be managed and nurtured properly, with some ex top league younger players added with points to prove.

Stephen Craigen please

I don't like it when former players come back to manage us

True. Ray could only manage 4th place and then he fucked off to United.

I hear that Thierry Henry has a brother who is looking to invest in a football club. He's DJing in France at the moment but I hear a bid is imminent.

Might want to manage us too. I'm sure it'll all turn out okay.

Edited by Scary Bear

True. Ray could only manage 4th place and then he fucked off to United.

I hear that Thierry Henry has a brother who is looking to invest in a football club. He's DJing in France at the moment but I hear a bid is imminent.

Might want to manage us to. I'm sure it'll all turn out okay.

To be fair, Ray is fast becoming one of the worst things to happen to us in recent years. Come in with a 5 year plan, fucks off after a year. During that year, fucks over Mcgurn and Anderson to the extent, we have no idea if either of them will be Rovers players next year. And on top of that takes Ellis with him. :lol: Edited by Rovers1992/1993

lower league success would mean Brian Reid !!!!

I would prefer an articulate ex player with international experience, who has worked/is currently working in Scotland with youth team experience.

Need to remember we have a young squad and this needs to be managed and nurtured properly, with some ex top league younger players added with points to prove.

Stephen Craigen please

No way. I couldn't listen to the Fanny on Raith Tv. Bad enough on BT Sport.

No from me.

Let's no have a manager.

Runrig was one of the most random choices ever surely? Especially since it was played during half time. I'm sure it was "freed from desire" by Gala straight after. So, so random! :lol:

What would be our playlist then? Can we not do one on here and submit it to the club for next season?

Obvious for me would be Alive and Kicking by Simple minds. I also think we should have Waterfront by Simple minds too, since we are pretty close to the water...plus it's got a great opening.

Star Wars duel theme from episode 1 would also be on my list.

Geordie Munro should continue, and I think Dancing in the street is pretty good banter for running out to.

Discuss.

I was going to suggest we pick the team via an online poll, but then I remembered the pre-match music list and realised our support are dribbling buffoons.

Ohhhh! So that's why we were playing Runrig.

Still, i think we should persevere with the crowd picking the team. Then I can boo myself when it all goes wrong. Then tell myself to get to f**k, then walk out the ground.

Edited by Scary Bear

Am I imagining it or did we used to come out to back in black? Even though we play in blue and our biggest rivals play in black and white? Always thought that was a bit odd.