The New Raith Rovers Thread

Have big doubts any woman can be successful at a league club in Britain until at least a few have tried and got some of the stigma out of the way. As someone else pointed out, why is Kerr even getting mentioned when she is hardly doing anything of note at her current club in the lowland league. Good luck to her, hope she has a decent career but let her test the waters somewhere that isn't here and right now.

I don't want a manager that's going to keep us clear of relegation. I want a manager to come in, have us play decent attacking football like McKinnon had us doing at times. Without Ross, Murray had you's playing defensive football, did he not? But if I remember rightly, you's conceded more playing his defensive football than you's did when Ross was there playing attacking football.

What's the point in getting rid of Grant Murray, if we're going to bring in someone who's going to have us playing the same way..

Anyway, I'm sure the board will make the right decision and it probably won't be Murray or Cleland anyway..

Keeping us clear of relegation with the squad we had was an over achievement and he did it every season. If he had that relative success at Rovers then he'd have you in the play offs every year. I don't think he'll get the job either, but I don't think he'd be the worst appointment given some of the other names banded around, especially if there's a good assistant willing to help him out.

Okay. I know Mc_L mentioned the publicity, but I didn't mean to imply any of that. *If* she were to apply, and *if* the board were to be sufficiently impressed by her then I'd be delighted.

(In more general terms, I do want to see some club take the lead on this sooner rather than later, and would be quite happy if it's us.)

It is that bit harder to judge people who haven't played the game at the level at which they'll be managing, it's true, but there are more than enough examples of managers who've been able to overcome that. John McGlynn being one.

Lessons were learned after we employed a DJ as manager.. You are a renowned fence sitter. But why should we employ a woman manager to appease the equalities commission.. Sorry lad but no.

The point is we wouldn't just be appointing a woman for the sake of it. She's improved her team's finish from last season by some 14 points and 22 goals better in goal difference. I think that's a good sign to start with.

Her teams have won trophies at the highest level in the woman's games. She's also a highly qualified coach and a highly decorated player. Now, you can make all sorts of arguments about the woman's game you like but how many other manager's will be applying for this job having won the league as a player, played over 50 times for their country and crucially managed a team to more than one domestic trophy in England? None. I think the important thing backing this all up is that it would already appear she is doing a nice wee job in the men's game albeit at a level below us.

Appointing the likes of Kerr or the guy from Edinburgh City would be a disaster. Neither of them would have the first clue of how the game operates at our level, never mind the calibre of player required to succeed.

I find it hard to believe either are as naive as you suggest.

Who

Do rovers fans think will get the job I think

The east Fife manger has great changes of getting it but hope we keep him we see soon

Oh

No idea. Real lack of rumour. That's probably a good thing.

Appointing the likes of Kerr or the guy from Edinburgh City would be a disaster. Neither of them would have the first clue of how the game operates at our level, never mind the calibre of player required to succeed.

It would be a huge gamble.

What were the McBookie odds on this pair?

I appreciate this prediction could make me look really, really silly in a wee while, but I'm going to stick my neck on the line, and suggest we won't appoint a female.

You sexist pig!