The New Raith Rovers Thread

Can't for the life of me remember what game it was but at the final whistle he clearly wasn't a happy chappy and was inviting Rovers fans for a scrap outside. Fair enough he was getting pelters, those fans were arseholes as well, but to respond like that is just very arseholey behaviour. I think he came out with some guff as well when he signed for a lower league team, something along the lines of that particular team were 'going places' whereas we were going backwards. Just came across as a very bitter wee tube.

Morton at home in the cup I'm sure.

The players discussions are ongoing with, what do we think Connelly, Anderson and McKeown seem the only likely targets and I think KcKeown or Connelly may already be away so Ando could yet be back in rovers colours next season.

Might not necessarily mean as a contracted player, it could just mean getting a loanie back: for example, Hardie?

I always thought it was Greig McCulloch that was famed for his squeaky voice, not Wilson...

You are right, I'm getting them mixed up. Used to always have a Wee red puss when he used to scream as well didn't he.

Can't for the life of me remember what game it was but at the final whistle he clearly wasn't a happy chappy and was inviting Rovers fans for a scrap outside. Fair enough he was getting pelters, those fans were arseholes as well, but to respond like that is just very arseholey behaviour. I think he came out with some guff as well when he signed for a lower league team, something along the lines of that particular team were 'going places' whereas we were going backwards. Just came across as a very bitter wee tube.

Always liked walker at the rovers, even if he was a bit frustrating at times, but the only players that don't frustrate don't seem to hang around for long. So he took a few digs when he got let go and wanted a square go with some boys who were bigger arseholes than him? Not bothered with that at all. I don't get the hate for him, was a decent and passionate player for us in general.

Always liked walker at the rovers, even if he was a bit frustrating at times, but the only players that don't frustrate don't seem to hang around for long. So he took a few digs when he got let go and wanted a square go with some boys who were bigger arseholes than him? Not bothered with that at all. I don't get the hate for him, was a decent and passionate player for us in general.

Aye, he wasn't great in his last year by any stretch, but he did give us a few good seaosns before that.

Another abiding memory of Walker was him giving it the 'shh' sign at Dunfermline fans in the big derby game when we went 1-0 up. Fairly came back to bite him in the arse...as these things usually do.

My shouts are often heard at matches. My brother who films from the railway stand even said he heard me once shouting at Allan Walker!

On another note, he overheard shouting between Walker and G.Anderson on Saturday. Went along the lines of this....

Walker: You awrite Grant?

G.Anderson: aye how?

Walker: Coz You're playing fucking shite!!!

Haha!!

This is one of my favourite Walker stories.

Christian Nade is leaving us to go back full-time. I wouldn't be at all shocked to see him back with you guys. Locke loves a big striker (Ngoo, Sutton, Magennis etc) and he obviously fits that bill. I also don't see him heading back to the Premiership nor playing for 'big team' down here (or Falkirk) which would leave, realistically Livi/Airdrie in League 1 or yourselves, QOTS, Morton or St Mirren as his options.

That FFP article about Locke being close to a striker just made me think of him, with us saying today that we won't wait any longer for him.

Edit: Sometimes I wonder if I'm actually an alias of BBPF

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Aitken confirmed in our local paper today that he's given up on Nade and started looking at other targets after he confirmed he was looking to go full-time.

I really wouldn't be surprised to see him make a return to Raith.

I wouldn't mind him as an impact player, but as a main striker week in week out? I often thought he slowed the play down a lot and it didn't seem to matter who we paired him with. In short, a total meh signing if it was, you could see his utility for Dumbarton in that last game against us, but having had him for that whole season before hand? He just didn't do enough overall.

Edited by renton

I lost count the amount of times we lumped high balls to him, something that doesn't go with his style of play where he needs the ball played to his feet. His close ball control is tremendous at times.

I lost count the amount of times we lumped high balls to him, something that doesn't go with his style of play where he needs the ball played to his feet. His close ball control is tremendous at times.

True and he's a very decent finisher as well, but even then he had a tendency with us to hold onto it too long, he'd get the ball and hang onto it even as team mates moved beyond him into space, so the defence would set and space would be lost. I get the utility of a guy like Nade, but I'd rather a complimentary  partership like that between Stewart and Vaughan, based on moving into space at speed, one going short and the other long.

Might not necessarily mean as a contracted player, it could just mean getting a loanie back: for example, Hardie?

If we get Hardie back then I'm pretty sure we'll have a great season. If he had a full season at this level he's bound to get 15-20 goals, if he gets decent service.

If we were getting a fourth striker, do we want a big guy to allow us to play long if we need to vary the play?