The New Raith Rovers Thread

If baldy had played Davie at EEP in the decider instead of the drunk chasing a balloon, history may have been a little different now.......we would probably have gone bust mind you......

Playing Simmons on the wing didn't help you guys out much either.

McGurn made some stupidly good saves against the Pars and it's one hell of a signing for Cowden. Hope his family or close friends don't see this thread though or they'll assume he's died or something...

What a legend.  The save he made in the lead up to our second goal at eep in a 2-0 win some years ago is the best i have ever seen live or on tv. Cowdenbeath fans you should be well chuffed probably the best signing you will ever make.

What a legend.  The save he made in the lead up to our second goal at eep in a 2-0 win some years ago is the best i have ever seen live or on tv. Cowdenbeath fans you should be well chuffed probably the best signing you will ever make.

A great save indeed, but not even in the top three he made that year.

A great save indeed, but not even in the top three he made that year

I can remember better saves myself but that particular one was in the derby and directly led to the goal that clinched the match. That passage of play started of by Dave's save was unforgettable and will live with me forever.  

Gonna be interesting if Ray does come with the DUFC chequebook, for Tosh or anyone else. Interesting who he'd pick, interesting what prices we'd look for and interesting what it might do to his reception at the first meeting of the clubs at SP. If he leaves us alone I'd imagine a deserved, genuine, warm reception. If he's bummed us for good players, maybe less so...

From the Courier.

Former Celtic striker Denny Johnstone is another player interesting the Tangerines as a possible loan target but the money involved in facilitating his switch from Birmingham City could prove prohibitive.

If things are so obviously still financially tight at Utd then perhaps Toshney will not be heading there after all. One thing looks certain with Cammy Bell signing on for McKinnon it looks like oor Cat won't be going anywhere.

Anyone got a vid of that save he made against Cowden at Starks. I know their player was offside but McGurn wasn't to know that. Was incredible.

That was east fife, utterly incredible that he got to it offside or not.

That was east fife, utterly incredible that he got to it offside or not.

Ah so it was. I'm sure I seen a vid on Youtube but struggling to find it. Very much a 'jaws to the floor' moment when he saved it. 

Ah so it was. I'm sure I seen a vid on Youtube but struggling to find it. Very much a 'jaws to the floor' moment when he saved it. 

That the one that seemed to have gone under him and behind him when he somehow got a hand to it?

McGurn is easily in my top 5 Rovers players of all time, fighting with Mark Campbell and Shaun Dennis for the number one spot.

Spoke to him about the adoration he received from the Rovers support and soon learned how much that adoration was reciprocated.

Absolute legend and I hope his testimonial is well attended.

'Mon the Cowden!