The New Raith Rovers Thread

we are much better than raith, I know that much, he was released because he was injured while clarke was with us not because of his ability. He could easily go to a team like St johnstone, inverness, Ross county and do well

If he went to any of those teams I couldn't see him being a regular starter, but he'd be an okay back-up.  He's strong, reads the game well and passes the ball well enough, but he has poor acceleration and really struggles against teams who try to isolate him against movement.  That won't be so much an issue in the Championship, probably.

Edited by bunglebonce

Gonna be interesting if Ray does come with the DUFC chequebook, for Tosh or anyone else. Interesting who he'd pick, interesting what prices we'd look for and interesting what it might do to his reception at the first meeting of the clubs at SP. If he leaves us alone I'd imagine a deserved, genuine, warm reception. If he's bummed us for good players, maybe less so...

He's getting a poor response from me regardless. Went on about commitment when talking about Daly, signed up the bulk of our squad, then walked away. On a different note has anyone been near training to see if we have any players training. Aware of Connolly but anyone else?

He's getting a poor response from me regardless. Went on about commitment when talking about Daly, signed up the bulk of our squad, then walked away. On a different note has anyone been near training to see if we have any players training. Aware of Connolly but anyone else?

Anyone know if Aiden Connolly is still training with us? Edited by Rovers1992/1993

Gonna be interesting if Ray does come with the DUFC chequebook, for Tosh or anyone else. Interesting who he'd pick, interesting what prices we'd look for and interesting what it might do to his reception at the first meeting of the clubs at SP. If he leaves us alone I'd imagine a deserved, genuine, warm reception. If he's bummed us for good players, maybe less so...

Surely any players being sold will be sold for what the club values them at?  If not then any frosty reception should be aimed at your board rather than Ray, the guys just doing his job.

I'll probably end up booing him, but I'm a very bitter person :lol:

It does stick a bit though, they way it came about.  The timing was dreadful, and I cant believe that Ray wasnt speaking to Dundee Utd beforehand. 

we are much better than raith, I know that much, he was released because he was injured while clarke was with us not because of his ability. He could easily go to a team like St johnstone, inverness, Ross county and do well

Debatable whether your much better to say the least. One good performance in the second leg against Falkirk and a terrible Dundee Utd side saved your skin. St Mirren have struggled after relegation. I would have expected a similar outcome with killie. As per first post,to suggest he is too good for us is ludicrous.

Edited by Narey

Hes been at us before, and gave one of the worst 45 minutes of play ive ever seen.

That was years ago though, and he seems a steady player now.

I'm so upset. How much is a season ticket at Central Park?

If he's going, and it seems he is, I hope it's Cowden. That way we can still nip in and see him.

New Cowden boss Liam Fox has now lined up the following friendly matches prior to the commencement of the Betfred Cup competition.

Tuesday 5 July v Motherwell at Central Park (kick off 7.30)
Saturday 9 July v Alloa Athletic at Central Park (kick off 3.00)
Tuesday 12 July v Stenhousemuir at Ochilview (kick off 7.30)