The New Raith Rovers Thread

Looks like it's a keeper on loan from Aberdeen.

On the same article.

Manager Gary Locke continues his efforts to further strengthen the squad ahead of the big kick off on Friday 15th July when we travel to face Cove Rangers FC at Forfar in the Betfred Cup.

http://www.raithrovers.net/25323/gday-to-aaron-lennox.htm

Really odd. Can only assume Laidlaw/McGurn aren't content to sit on the bench unless they're given a fair chance in friendlies/early cup matches.

Signing a back-up (presumably) goalie on loan does seem a bit daft on the surface but there must be something else to it we don't know about.

If Lennox is coming into play, on the other hand, things have gotten really bizarre....

Fife Online saying Locke wants to keep Laidlaw but has discounted McGurn entirely as he's part-time - Arbroath on the cards.

https://t.co/qlHapHueBY?ssr=true

If he's trying to sign Laidlaw I have absolutely no idea why we've signed Lennox...

Worth noting too that Locke will not even have met McGurn, never seen him play but isn't at all interested in keeping him. Maybe it's because it's Davie and he's the best goalkeeper in history but that seems out of line to me.

Notice that this keeper is 23....can't recall what the loan rules are but does that mean we've used up our only option to loan an older player?

In any event this makes no sense. Never see the point in loaning a keeper unless he's going to be first choice. Might be adding 2 and 2 and making 13 but just got this horrible feeling that something's happened with Cuthbert. I can't imagine Lennox will be coming down to sit on the bench for the whole season...

On the same article.

Manager Gary Locke continues his efforts to further strengthen the squad ahead of the big kick off on Friday 15th July when we travel to face Cove Rangers FC at Forfar in the Betfred Cup.

http://www.raithrovers.net/25323/gday-to-aaron-lennox.htm

That's a bit boring, was hoping for a good day out at one of the Highland League grounds.

Cove Rangers have signed Mitch Megginson, incidentally.

In the words of the Otara Millionaires Club, "how bizarre, how bizarre!"

I wonder, could long time admirer Raymond be about to make a bid for the Cat?

Doe's seem very strange at this point.

Fife Online saying Locke wants to keep Laidlaw but has discounted McGurn entirely as he's part-time - Arbroath on the cards.

https://t.co/qlHapHueBY?ssr=true

If he's trying to sign Laidlaw I have absolutely no idea why we've signed Lennox...

Worth noting too that Locke will not even have met McGurn, never seen him play but isn't at all interested in keeping him. Maybe it's because it's Davie and he's the best goalkeeper in history but that seems out of line to me.

You got me excited there but there still mentioning Cowdens interest... Surely a legend like that at the Rovers wouldn't want to go to a Fife rival? :(

We really are needing a keeper and if we get McGurn signed a spine of him, Ricky Little, McCord, Whatley, Prunty and Doris would be superb.

Arbroath putting together an impressive squad may swing it for McGurn - would consider them favorites at this moment in time.

Depends on training etc. though due to distance involved and work commitments.

Arbroath putting together an impressive squad may swing it for McGurn - would consider them favorites at this moment in time.

Depends on training etc. though due to distance involved and work commitments.

I hope so but I did see someone say he's went for Cowden but that was a week ago and there's still been no confirmation anywhere so hopefully it was just a guess due to the fact he was set to sign for us last Wednesday according to Scott Binnie and it never happened.

If he comes we'll take good care of him. ;)

Clearly two of our keepers will be away. currently we have 4 and this lad makes 5. two will be gone by the weekend i suggest.

Law and Laidlaw were on the out of contract list. McGurn is clearly out the door. So presnetly we have 3 keepers contracted, Cuthbert, McGurn and Lennox and McGurn is obviously a goner.

Still, nice to see us using our over 21 loan on a guy we all expect to not see that much game time. I really hope he knows what he's doing regarding forward options.

I expect this guy will be our first choice. Surely even Locke would not be stupid enough to waste the 21+ loan on someone to warm the bench. Cuthbert to United seems a reasonable assumption.  

Still, nice to see us using our over 21 loan on a guy we all expect to not see that much game time.

Well that's assuming something hasn't happened in the background re Cuthbert. Even if Cuthbert did leave there's no reason why a little come and go couldn't have been put in place to allow McGurn to step back into the number 1 role and then retain Laidlaw as back up. The Witch is more than capable.