The New Raith Rovers Thread

Possibly the least inspiring signing possible. Gutted that we've lost McKeown and signed an someone everyone predicted, who is renowned for being brutal. 

Genuinely seeing next season as a write off already. When your only positive comes down NOT signing Jamie Hammil, then it's pretty fucking worrying. 

Spare a thought for the fine denizens of Dumfries. I'll take Mchattie over Hammil every day of the week. Jason Thomson didn't exactly come with shining references either, but he worked out fine. No doubt losing that long throw is a bit of a blow, but at least we are unlikely to see him popping up for someone else in our league.

Both of Lockes' signings have been thuddingly obvious in terms of the Killie-Jambo connection, but Johnston does look like he could be well decent, so points for that.

Edited by renton

Neither signing is bad. In fact Johnston on paper is good, McHattie average.

But Grant Murray made a lot of good signings on paper, they usually turned to be poor.

Hopefully Locke will think outside of the Killie/Hearts bubble for the next signing. Or maybe it'll be Dale Carrick and Gary Oliver up front...

I am quite optimistic and pleased with that signing. My Jambo mate said he grew up playing as winger so has a good cross and can go by a boy but isn't that great defensively, hence why he wasn't good enough for the Prem. But the drop down should mean he is ok in this regard. 100 games in the top flight and still only 22, I think he has the potential to establish himself as a very solid top half championship player.

Another wide player, striker and and then general 'attacker' who can play wide or off the striker (craigen-esque) would see us looking pretty strong

ETA Longride/Connelly would be be unbelievable Jeff, on loan or otherwise

He was playing left back when he was with Dunfermline as a youth player.

Possibly the least inspiring signing possible. Gutted that we've lost McKeown and signed an someone everyone predicted, who is renowned for being brutal. 

Genuinely seeing next season as a write off already. When your only positive comes down NOT signing Jamie Hammil, then it's pretty fucking worrying.

Did you not threaten to return your season ticket when Locke was appointed?Ffs please do and were you not one that waxed lyrical about Mc Keown?Where did we get him from?

Did you not threaten to return your season ticket when Locke was appointed?Ffs please do and were you not one that waxed lyrical about Mc Keown?Where did we get him from?

If you offered me the chance to return my season ticket for even a reduced value I'd happily take it, I bought it prior to McKinnon leaving and when things were looking actually good.Do you realistically think I'm going to change my view on the back of two signings? Also, McKeown was a very solid defender at this level. His performances after Perry left were far better. 

But still, carry on...

What a bunch of miserable?8@2t@rds. We have signed 3 players, one is a Mckinnon signing, one Johnston that other fans rated highly before his injury and the other a fullback that had played at a higher level than where we are. He cant be that bad. The rest of the team is McKinnons. A couple of decent strikers and we will have a decent squad, perhaps with another couple of additions later on. It appears Whatever Locke says or does no one will be happy. Give him a chance, according to a Hearts pal he was regarded a good coach at Hearts.

If you offered me the chance to return my season ticket for even a reduced value I'd happily take it, I bought it prior to McKinnon leaving and when things were looking actually good.Do you realistically think I'm going to change my view on the back of two signings? Also, McKeown was a very solid defender at this level. His performances after Perry left were far better.

But still, carry on...

:lol:

Are you a 'Martin Nelson' alias?

Knicker wetter kru.

And what is there to suggest McHattie won't be a solid defender at this level?

Fair point, but resounding memories are of Calum Elliot taking the piss out of him in the game where they won on penalties in the league cup. Any time I've seen the lad, I've not had any reason to sit up and take any notice either with Hearts or Killie. Time will tell, again, I'm happy to be proven wrong. 

Grim on here isn't it? Like sitting in the south stand. Happy with McHattie, would have probably preferred McKeown like most but as most predicted since January that has been looking unlikely anyway.

Just out of interest any idea how many goals were set up with his long throw in? I do remember them being dangerous, just can't remember any goals from them off the top of my head.

Grim on here isn't it? Like sitting in the south stand. Happy with McHattie, would have probably preferred McKeown like most but as most predicted since January that has been looking unlikely anyway.

Just out of interest any idea how many goals were set up with his long throw in? I do remember them being dangerous, just can't remember any goals from them off the top of my head.

Only one I can remember was our opening game against Dumbarton two seasons ago where his long throw fell to Watson and he scored to put us 1 up.

But still, carry on...

How much would u take for it?

The only one i can think of off the top of my head is the opening goal of the opening league game of 2014/2015. His long throw which Nade chested down for Watson to volley at goal home to Dumbarton.

He didn't use his long throw enough IMO. At least we won't be facing him next year which is bonus with him away down south.

Edit. Serves me right for not reading past this post before posting. Beaten to it by Raithie..

Edited by Rovers1992/1993

The only one i can think of off the top of my head is the opening goal of the opening league game of 2014/2015. His long throw which Nade chested down for Watson to volley at goal home to Dumbarton.

He didn't use his long throw enough IMO. At least we won't be facing him next year which is bonus with him away down south.

Edit. Serves me right for not reading past this post before posting. Beaten to it by Raithie..

Daly's winner at St Mirren and Benedictus' equaliser at Alloa?