The New Raith Rovers Thread

Kevin McHattie....a kid of 22 who has nearly 100 premier games behind him and 6 U21 caps.......and nobody rates him ?. What the FK do you want...good signing of a talent at the start of his career....

Kevin McHattie....a kid of 22 who has nearly 100 premier games behind him and 6 U21 caps.......and nobody rates him ?. What the FK do you want...good signing of a talent at the start of his career...THIS!! Some folk need to get a grip

THIS!! Some folk on here need to get a grip. The guy is barely in the door and he is getting pelters, Sheesh

Ross Perry has 16 under-21 caps. That isn't really a barometer of greatness.

Exactly. Scotland u-21 caps are dished out like confetti.

McHattie was abysmal in that cup match and quickly lost his place in the league winning side.

There is a chance he'll turn out fine like Jason Thomson but there is equally every chance he'll be nowhere near good enough.

We badly need a signing that will provide some reason to be optimistic for next season. I'm praying Warburton is daft enough to trust Locke with Hardie's development for this season coming.

Kevin McHattie....a kid of 22 who has nearly 100 premier games behind him and 6 U21 caps.......and nobody rates him ?. What the FK do you want...good signing of a talent at the start of his career....

McHattie has about 70 top flight games to his name, despite making his debut at that level five years ago, and his last U21 cap was two years ago in a 6-1 loss to Holland...

To be fair, folk generally seem underwhelmed about McHattie's signing, and that's understandable.

His career has been, at best, hum-drum up till now, and while I'm reasonably hopeful he could be decent, there's almost nothing you could point to that suggests he's going to be good for us, other than the hope that the Premiership is one tier too high for him, rather than two.

There are similarities to McKeown, in that Killie fans thought he was guff, but at least the hirsute Northern Irishman had impressed during his spell at Cowdenbeath.

While I'd take umbrage at folk writing him off, it is a wee bit tricky to get too excited about the acquisition. Every fan will give him a chance, but it's probably more hope than expectation.

If only Rory and his luxuriant beard hadn't fancied a change of scenery.

Mckeown was pish the first season he was with us and got slaughtered every week then he has half decent season and is treated as the next great thing.Get a grip and if anyone wants to take their season tickets back then do so otherwise shut the f**k up cos its depressing hearing some of you moan all the time.Who do you think is gonna sign for us as we are wee club with no money and competing against big money teams and giants of scottish football like ayr and dumbarton.Rant over for now. :shutup

Mckeown was pish the first season he was with us and got slaughtered every week then he has half decent season and is treated as the next great thing.Get a grip and if anyone wants to take their season tickets back then do so otherwise shut the f**k up cos its depressing hearing some of you moan all the time.Who do you think is gonna sign for us as we are wee club with no money and competing against big money teams and giants of scottish football like ayr and dumbarton.Rant over for now. :shutup

I agree.

Plus, wasn't Dave McGurn a reserve goalie for Morton? A guy who couldn't get a game for Morton now in our Hall of Fame.

Give the new signings a chance.

He's not the next best thing. Just much less of a risk than McHattie.

So basically, come on a forum to express a view to shut the f**k up? That makes sense.

Incidentally, If you look at Johnstone, I think he could be a potentially very solid signing for us. The fact is we've lost a very solid player (largely down to his own desires) to be replaced with a less inspiring one. As I've said, I might be wrong and he could be fantastic. Same goes for Locke. However, the fact remains there's an apathy among many fans heading into this season.

So basically, come on a forum to express a view to shut the f**k up? That makes sense.

Incidentally, If you look at Johnstone, I think he could be a potentially very solid signing for us. The fact is we've lost a very solid player (largely down to his own desires) to be replaced with a less inspiring one. As I've said, I might be wrong and he could be fantastic. Same goes for Locke. However, the fact remains there's an apathy among many fans heading into this season.

Very solid player to be replaced with a less inspiring one? When we signed Mckeown 2 years ago, folk on here were questioning the clubs ambitions by signing Cowden players. If I remember rightly, the club had announced beforehand "some very, exciting signing news" and this thread went into uproar when everyone found out it was the Cowden left back..

Everyone's now feeling a bit hard done by because that same player that people didn't want back then has now chose to leave us.. :lol:

McHattie should, like every player to wear the Rovers kit, be given the full backing by the fans but going by views on here, people have already chosen him to be next seasons scapegoat by what fans of other teams have said about him. Queen of the south fans had told us, when we signed Lee Robinson, that we had a fantastic, solid keeper. Who conceded something like 16/17 goals in his first 6 games. They couldn't have been more wrong if they tried.

Brian Graham was the opposite, Morton fans assured us, that we had signed a terrible striker who couldn't score in a brothel. He ended his 2 year spell with us averaging better than a goal every second game.

Give McHattie a chance. He might actually be a step up on Mckeown for all we know.

Very solid player to be replaced with a less inspiring one? When we signed Mckeown 2 years ago, folk on here were questioning the clubs ambitions by signing Cowden players. If I remember rightly, the club had announced beforehand "some very, exciting signing news" and this thread went into uproar when everyone found out it was the Cowden left back..

Everyone's now feeling a bit hard done by because that same player that people didn't want back then has now chose to leave us.. :lol:

McHattie should, like every player to wear the Rovers kit, be given the full backing by the fans but going by views on here, people have already chosen him to be next seasons scapegoat by what fans of other teams have said about him. Queen of the south fans had told us, when we signed Lee Robinson, that we had a fantastic, solid keeper. Who conceded something like 16/17 goals in his first 6 games. They couldn't have been more wrong if they tried.

Brian Graham was the opposite, Morton fans assured us, that we had signed a terrible striker who couldn't score in a brothel. He ended his 2 year spell with us averaging better than a goal every second game.

Give McHattie a chance. He might actually be a step up on Mckeown for all we know.

Fair points again, as I say time will tell and I'm more than happy to be proven wrong with time.