The New Raith Rovers Thread

Wasnt a fan of the Locke appointment, but I understand the boards reasoning when they explained why they hired him.

And happy enough with the signings.  We are likely to be a mid-table side next season - guys that havent been good in the Premiership arent automatically going to be failures (Jason Thompson, John Baird, Mckeown....)

McHattie's performance in that League Cup tie a few seasons back was without exaggeration, one of the most inept I'd seen in a long time.

However, it was about three years ago and with a bit of luck he's come on since then. He did look out his depth at both Hearts and Kilmarnock though, although thats's not to say he can't do a job for us right enough.

I'll hazard a guess we bring in Dale Carrick next.

Edited by McGuigan1978

If we do end up signing Templeton we will have our quota of "recovering from injury out to prove a point" players. Carrick was a good player but I'd rather we look for a target man and maybe a loanee to boost that.

Don't want Carrick. In fact I hope we can get away from the Hearts or Kilmarnock connection and go for someone like Shankland on loan from Aberdeen.

I'd like Shankland too, but I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere that we couldn't afford the percentage of wages which Aberdeen were looking for last term. Unless something has changed I'd imagine we'd be in the same boat again.

Don't want Carrick. In fact I hope we can get away from the Hearts or Kilmarnock connection and go for someone like Shankland on loan from Aberdeen.

Blasphemy, that's so out with the rule book. But Shankland would be quality

I'd like Shankland too, but I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere that we couldn't afford the percentage of wages which Aberdeen were looking for last term. Unless something has changed I'd imagine we'd be in the same boat again.

Have to question how St Mirren managed it as they were bleating on about their budget being on par with us.

McHattie  :lol:

Can't believe some Raith fans are still looking forward to next season. As I'd be astounded if Dale Carrick wasn't your first choice striker come August. 

Unlikely as he will hold out for better wages at Killie. Did he not sign a 3 year deal last summer. That would be some pay off. Is he still injured is another â“

He managed 11 appearances and scored 0 goals last season. I doubt they'd be particularly determined to keep him.

He managed 11 appearances and scored 0 goals last season. I doubt they'd be particularly determined to keep him.

What was the name of that other ex-Hearts striker we had? The one who ran about a lot but couldn't score. Scored the winner that got us promoted. Sounds like Carrick would be a suitable replacement.

McHattie :lol:

Can't believe some Raith fans are still looking forward to next season. As I'd be astounded if Dale Carrick wasn't your first choice striker come August.

Your late. Mchattie signed six and a half hours ago.

What was the name of that other ex-Hearts striker we had? The one who ran about a lot but couldn't score. Scored the winner that got us promoted. Sounds like Carrick would be a suitable replacement.

Graham Weir.