The New Raith Rovers Thread

Dont know much about him, will give him a chance. 

Backline sorted now at least.

Another wide option and some options up top and we are looking okay!

Aye, if I was being greedy I'd want another two players who can play out wide, or as link up players between midfield and attack, as well as a couple of options to play in the centre forward role. Barr comes with a decent reputation, Johnston has the potential to be a terrific signing if he's recovered from his injury and McHattie will be fine enough at this level (though gutted to lose that McKeown long throw).

Edited by renton

We have no cover at all at LB so wouldn't be a big surprise to see another defender sign, or a midfielder who can cover there ala Darren Petrie.

A real shock signing. I think McHattie signing was predicted on here within about two minutes of Locke's odds dropping on McBookie. Inspiring stuff. Hopefully he can replace Rory adequately.

Possibly the least inspiring signing possible. Gutted that we've lost McKeown and signed an someone everyone predicted, who is renowned for being brutal. 

Genuinely seeing next season as a write off already. When your only positive comes down NOT signing Jamie Hammil, then it's pretty fucking worrying. 

I am quite optimistic and pleased with that signing. My Jambo mate said he grew up playing as winger so has a good cross and can go by a boy but isn't that great defensively, hence why he wasn't good enough for the Prem. But the drop down should mean he is ok in this regard. 100 games in the top flight and still only 22, I think he has the potential to establish himself as a very solid top half championship player.

Another wide player, striker and and then general 'attacker' who can play wide or off the striker (craigen-esque) would see us looking pretty strong

ETA Longride/Connelly would be be unbelievable Jeff, on loan or otherwise

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

One, at a push two, strikers and a backup keeper (which I'd suspect will be Laidlaw) and I'd suspect that'll be Locke done with the squad. He'll probably go down the loan route to bolster the squad in certain areas.

One, at a push two, strikers and a backup keeper (which I'd suspect will be Laidlaw) and I'd suspect that'll be Locke done with the squad. He'll probably go down the loan route to bolster the squad in certain areas.

Loans or otherwise, there is no way we should go into the season with only two recognised wide players, and with only one new senior striker. Murray tried the former and McKinnon the latter and neither worked out very well.

I think this is a good signing......my mate is a jambo and I went to a couple of the games in the SPL and thought McHattie was a very good prospect.......just over a year ago Leeds were looking at him so must have something about him.......Played most of his career at the top level and at 22 he's still got room for improvement!  Give the lad a chance!

Welcome to the club Kevin!