The New Raith Rovers Thread

11 hours ago, RRFC1989 said:

Obviously but that wasn't the question...

No but it is a good answer. We have a great prospect with us. I think what he is saying is why should we bring on that player when we can concentrate on our own rising stars. That is a relevent answer is it not.

16 hours ago, philpy said:

Skacel not far away from full fitness according to locke (spoke to him after a charity match tonight). Hopes to give him a good run out in a friendly against bonnyrigg this week.

You got any info on this freindly?

See Pressley has resigned as Fleetwood manager. Wonder if they'll recall McManus.

On the article on the Fleetwood Town website it states they have an option to recall him in January which will be their first opportunity I'd imagine.

Ah well we might not lose McManus but could very well be losing Bene. I'm purely putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 but wouldn't put it past Ray going for him seen as he's said he's after a centre back.

33 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Ah well we might not lose McManus but could very well be losing Bene. I'm purely putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 but wouldn't put it past Ray going for him seen as he's said he's after a centre back.

A Dundee fan trolls the United fans with a picture of bene after McKinnon states he wants a central defender and all of a sudden this is a thing? If McKinnon needs someone to go out before someone can come in, it doesn't make it sound like he has budget for a contract and a transfer fee, it also makes little sense to not take Toshney and Bene at the same time. There are probablhy a fair number of centre back sout there still, if McKinnon wants them....

9 minutes ago, renton said:

A Dundee fan trolls the United fans with a picture of bene after McKinnon states he wants a central defender and all of a sudden this is a thing? If McKinnon needs someone to go out before someone can come in, it doesn't make it sound like he has budget for a contract and a transfer fee, it also makes little sense to not take Toshney and Bene at the same time. There are probablhy a fair number of centre back sout there still, if McKinnon wants them....

Acht I'm only speculating. Even if the Dundee fan hadn't posted a pic of Bene I'd still have alarm bells ringing that McKinnon might plump for a player he's previously worked with. I think even McKinnon knows taking Bene and Tosheny at the same time would be a bit arsey. Either way if they want Bene, and he pulls a Toshney i.e. says he doesn't want to be here, he'll be offski. If they're waiting to free up dosh from a player leaving to fund a new player there's nothing to say they won't be able to afford him. 

Edited by Raithie

10 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Acht I'm only speculating. Even if the Dundee fan hadn't posted a pic of Bene I'd still have alarm bells ringing that McKinnon might plump for a player he's previously worked with. I think even McKinnon knows taking Bene and Tosheny at the same time would be a bit arsey. Either way if they want Bene, and he pulls a Toshney i.e. says he doesn't want to be here, he'll be offski. If they're waiting to free up dosh from a player leaving to fund a new player there's nothing to say they won't be able to afford him. 

Taking Bene a week before the league kicks off would be infinitely more arsey. As it is, McKinnon had a hard on for Toshney anyway, I reckon as soon as McKinnon was thinking about being offski, he was probably telling Toshney that he'd bring him aswell, I doubt Bene got the same treatment.

2 minutes ago, renton said:

Taking Bene a week before the league kicks off would be infinitely more arsey. As it is, McKinnon had a hard on for Toshney anyway, I reckon as soon as McKinnon was thinking about being offski, he was probably telling Toshney that he'd bring him aswell, I doubt Bene got the same treatment.

Here's hoping.

4 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Here's hoping.

Especially as Locke sees Davo as a midfielder first and foremost.

On another note, I thought the whole midfield was very good on saturday: Callachan and davo linked quite well in the middle, and putting Matthews wide right, meant he sat a bit deeper and tucked in, letting Callachan push up to support the front two. Was nice to see a bit of tactical nuous from Locke beyond the ol' Murray two winger formation.

Bobby Barr was unplayable on saturday as well.

Edited by renton

2 minutes ago, Kdawg said:

There's that 'un playable' word again! If ever there was an over used, exaggeration then it's that!

He tore the County right back a new arsehole, every single time. Is that more acceptable?