The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, Varna Rover said:

go look at our squad on the rovers website. Its very nuch a case of who do we leave out just now. But we aint talking about the rovers are. Do you honestly think most teams in the championship will go into september without depth.

Without good depth yes, I looked at your squad, and it looks shite compared to the standard in the top flight. 

Who do you lot have to come in when poor form, injuries and suspensions hit? The likes of Bobby Barr and Mark Stewart?

More likely who would we have come in if Bobby Barr got injured and suspended as he'll be first pick week in week out. Your point still stands though.

Just watched the highlights and the rugby tackle on mcmanus was more of a penalty than Graham's was. 2 defenders looking up in the air, waiting for the ball to drop and Graham turns and trips over a stationery player. They might've had a pen before that though but the highlights doesn't really give a proper look at it, is the player already falling and M'voto trips over him? Or was it a push?

Yesterday Falkirk brought on Bob McHugh and Austin to "change the game" and both looked absolutely miles from the level of the Premiership. Who do you lot have to come in when poor form, injuries and suspensions hit? The likes of Bobby Barr and Mark Stewart?

Injuries have already hit 4 of our starting 11 players. We still seemed to cope alright. In saying that, to even suggest that we'd cope with the top flight with the squad we have at the minute is a ridiculous statement. We do have a few players that are probably able to make the step up, but only a few and we'd need pretty much a full new team to cope properly..

go look at our squad on the rovers website. Its very nuch a case of who do we leave out just now. But we aint talking about the rovers are. Do you honestly think most teams in the championship will go into september without depth.

Has it been updated yet? I checked a couple of days ago, and there was still 6 players missing..

M'Voto, Osei, Coustrain, Roberts, Skacel and McManus aren't on the OS..

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because they actually have decent depth. I'm basing it purely on squads on paper, and obviously teams can play above that, but, over a season, that can be the difference.

Its as i said. We will never get the chance to find out, but why Cant teams sustain it over a season. Just your opinion like mine.

I thought he looked really good. Quicker than I'd realised and the two of them up there seemed the best combination from the three strike duos Locke has picked this season.

Couple of times, especially in the first half, that Vaughan spotted his run and threaded the ball through to him. On both occasions, Fox had to rush out to claim or block.

The goal also arrived after the two of them linked up on the right.

Hmm do they have a money tree thats miraculously appeared, thought they were skint:whistle

We had Ryan Blackadder, went on trial at Portsmouth and never kicked a ball for us after that and the young lad that won the youth academy in Italy is playing non-league football in England. Having a trial doesn't mean you're a worldy or going to be

I watched Louis play in a lot of Dev' games last season including the game at Alloa where he scored twice and was still only 16 at the time. He looked a  tremendous prospect, I remember speaking to ray Mac about him and he said he couldn't wait to sign him... and now he has.:(

Edited by Scottydog