The New Raith Rovers Thread

On a serious note, both all ticket games and price hikes for more fancied games are moves which will discourage occasional fans from attending. Possibly short-term gain but probable long-term damage to numbers willing to support Rovers.

The club tried cheaper prices no one turned up to make any difference on attendance. People will pay it and Dunfermline will bring a big support so be extra money for the club who will have to pay a bigger bill for stewards and police. So stop moaning and get behind the team. Coz £3 is fuk all !! But 3000 X £3 helps the club. Moany faced idiot in here

I'll tell you one thing , if the match at east end park is £18. You will read like a complete fucking Twat.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the club put up quite literally every single obstacle they can to stop people going to Stark's Park. Go down to Stark's Monday-Friday, 9 til 4, and give them 20 quid or you're no getting in. What a wonderful business model.

I'm sure someone will be in the paper complaining that people aren't backing them around October.

Increased policing costs is not an excuse when we'll have four times our average crowd. It's sheer profiteering which is fine for a one-off occasion, when it's a league match and your casual supporters might actually turn out? Not on.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the club put up quite literally every single obstacle they can to stop people going to Stark's Park. Go down to Stark's Monday-Friday, 9 til 4, and give them 20 quid or you're no getting in. What a wonderful business model.

I'm sure someone will be in the paper complaining that people aren't backing them around October.

Increased policing costs is not an excuse when we'll have four times our average crowd. It's sheer profiteering which is fine for a one-off occasion, when it's a league match and your casual supporters might actually turn out? Not on.

[/quote

Spot on paco. Watch the matches against Hibs and Dundee Utd be ticketed exactly the same with the same price tag. It's not just one game it will turn into 6 of the 18 matches this season.

The police have form for this so I'd be prepared to say the club aren't at fault for the game being all ticket. We unfortunately have no option but to comply with their demands. 

The police can't tell us what to charge, though. 

Going by the website, it doesn't actually say that the game is all-ticket, it just advertises advance ticket sales. There'll probably be a cash gate, unless tickets sales are unexpectedly high, but they'll not want to say that just yet because it does keep gate queues down on-the-day if as many people as possible already have tickets.

You will be able to buy a ticket at the ticket office then walk to gate on the day .... Not really a big deal. If people get in advance it just keeps the que down. Iv done this for the last few all ticket games and been a small que and was no extra hassle .... Guessing it's also all ticket to have look on what the away support will be also if we need the extra 500 seats.

5 hours ago, Enigma said:

How hard would it be in the day and age to be able to buy a ticket from the club online and show it at the gate on your phone or something?

Considering how easy it is to buy and sell gig tickets online, turn up with an "e-ticket" of sorts and be let in, I'm surprised football hasn't gone in this direction yet. I know plenty of folk that struggle to get to the stadium 9-4 on weekdays. Would be very convenient for some.