The New Raith Rovers Thread

Where did Raith get the funds to sign Stevenson & Hardie? I thought I read in the summer that the signings of McManus and Skacel had to be funded by local businessmen..

Released Crawford and presumably released Brennan as well. Looks likely that Jordan Thompson and Scott Roberts could be away back to Rangers as well..

2 hours ago, Martin Nelson said:

Another signing to boost attacking options. Just how many options does Locke need before he actually stumbles across a plan that works?

We'll surely need to punt a few out the door now. I'm guessing Osei and Coustrain will be sent on loan and another one or two will also be moved on because we can't keep everyone happy with this side of squad. I would be happy if we could somehow cut short the contracts of McManus and Skacel but that won't happen.

Surely not? I thought earlier this season McManus was rated very highly by you guys.

In fact I remember asking who the Raith fans preferred and more or less everyone said McManus was a much better option than Hardie because he offered so much more overall for the team.

Have things really changed that much?

I don't pay into the youth development fund but why should I when young talent like Vaughan, Coustrain and even the likes of osei and court who seems to be scoring in the development league (not kept tabs on court since he went out on loan) can't get game time because we're bringing in players who's legs are gone and are gonna milk a wage.

10 hours ago, Martin Nelson said:

I was sitting at the game thinking how nice it was to see the main stand a bit fuller until I realised that the numbers were swelled by the 249 squad members who Locke couldn't find a place on the bench for.

How many first team players do you actually have now? By my count it's 25 but I could be over/understating that based on having no knowledge of which younger players would be classed as part of the first team, taking a first team wage, etc. Mental size of squad regardless.

2 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Watching those highlights show just how far he really has fallen this season since his injury.

He actually started the season well enough, and if he wasn't finding goals he was at least a creative force in the team - he must have made about six good chances for McManus against St Mirren, for example. It's unfair to ask him to come back in and hit the ground running after that kind of injury and lay off. It took Chris Johnston several months to start to look more like the kind of player we thought we were signing.

I wouldn't put it past Locke, but I don't think the board would allow it. Vaughn has been very highly rated in the past, and the club made a big effort in his recovery last year. I don't think they'd let him go to a team 4 points behind us.