The New Raith Rovers Thread

The whole thing is just uninspiring at the moment. Skacel and Stevenson are exactly the sort of signings we would have expected Gary Locke to make. Dull, predictable and probably ineffective in the long run. Starting to think that Hardie was just a populist choice to keep fans onside. 

The difficulty is that after McKinnon, Locke was an uninspiring choice. Many were sceptical and that means he has very little credit in the bank. If we start playing poorly and losing games then fans will get restless. The next two matches are crucial. Lose both and meekly lie down to Hearts in the cup and all we will have to look forward to is a battle to avoid relegation. 

With no win in, what is it 7? Games now. That's exactly where we're headed. I don't think locke has the ability of mckinnon to get us on a run of wins either. His signings have been largely hit or miss and he seems to be stifling the young players we have now to top it off. I'd rather finish 6/7th developing our young players than finish 5th playing has beens like skacel and Stevenson.

I can't be arsed reading the oars match thread.
We're we totally Shite, a little bit shite or should it have been 10.

We were fine until we got into the final 3rd and then collapsed every time. The 2 goals were terrible defensive errors as we left a man un-marked in the box for both goals. Bene will hopefully shore that up though. Stevenson is as brutal as everyone thought. Hardie I can't remember even getting a touch of the ball when he was on. Bringing Stevenson and Stewart on and sticking Stewart on the wing and Stevenson upfront has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've seen from a Rovers manager for a long time. Shouldn't have been 10 but it could have been 4 or 5 if it wasn't for Cuthbert. He really is an outstanding keeper that will leave us at the end of the season if Locke doesn't buck up his ideas.

The best attacking football we played was at the start of the season when Barr Vaughan McManus played and with Callahan was getting forward. I'd like to see them try this one more time. Callaghan is currently to deep and there a massive gap between midfield and attack that was not there at the start of the season. Can't believe how far backwards we have gone. Thought Johnston was a waste of space on Monday.

1 hour ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Like people have already said, if he's going out on loan which is likely with him not even making the bench yesterday then it won't be to Dumbarton. I'm sorry for any confusion.

Why wouldn't he go to Dumbarton for though? A team where he is about guaranteed to play every week but isn't having to drop a level to do so. He also could continue to train with Raith is they wanted.

Furthermore, Locke is a fud and there is every chance we have used the Stevo deal as a bit of a sweetener.

25 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Why wouldn't he go to Dumbarton for though? A team where he is about guaranteed to play every week but isn't having to drop a level to do so. He also could continue to train with Raith is they wanted.

Furthermore, Locke is a fud and there is every chance we have used the Stevo deal as a bit of a sweetener.

Its hopefully because Locke isn't so stupid to let a decent player go to a side only 4 points behind us. 

What is getting on my goat is the club continually trying to promote the development fund at every opportunity to the fans, I was seriously thinking of contributing up until yesterday's debacle and have changed my mind I ain't wasting my hard earned cash on the fund if Lockes signing policy is signing over the hill hearts players who are going to contribute nothing on a Saturday when we have young players kicking there heels in the stand. Joel for instance scores on his first start yet gets dropped and doesn't get a start again,  young yaw who is raw as hell yet is banging in goals for fun in the development league, yet Mr Locke continually plays Skacel and McManus 3 goals between them, Drop them both start hardie and Stewart on Saturday and give yaw the last 15mins.

I'd really like to hope we wouldn't be so stupid as to loan Dumbarton a player, warming our bench or not, given we are only four points ahead of them. I genuinely didn't realise that until it was pointed out in the Pars thread, but it shows what stringing a couple of decent results together can do. 

Yes, it is equally true that we are closer to Morton than we are to Dumbarton. However, we haven't won in our last 7 and have mustered two goals in that time. So, yes; loaning out a striker will make even more sense when you bear that in mind as well. 

Edited by Michael W

12 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

There are clearly positives and negatives in the move. Just depends what way he views the situation.

Honestly, its a question of loaning a guy, with a decent scoring record in this league to a team breathing down our neck. There are literally no positives for Rovers in that situation. Particularly given our form at the minute.

34 minutes ago, renton said:

Honestly, its a question of loaning a guy, with a decent scoring record in this league to a team breathing down our neck. There are literally no positives for Rovers in that situation. Particularly given our form at the minute.

But it is clear that he isn't scoring just now, he wasn't even in your squad last night and Locke isn't giving him many chances, if any, to get back to his best. So what's the point in him sitting in the stand.

If the manager doesn't have him in his plans then of course he would send him out to a team like us. As I mentioned above. He would play every week at the same level and could still train with yourselves if they wanted to keep an eye on his fitness.

But it is clear that he isn't scoring just now, he wasn't even in your squad last night and Locke isn't giving him many chances, if any, to get back to his best. So what's the point in him sitting in the stand.
If the manager doesn't have him in his plans then of course he would send him out to a team like us. As I mentioned above. He would play every week at the same level and could still train with yourselves if they wanted to keep an eye on his fitness.

Don't see any positives there at all for the Rovers.. he won't be going on loan to yourselves :lol: