The New Raith Rovers Thread

I've no idea what the trust are for, fast track to the boardroom perhaps ?

They were there as a vehicle to fan ownership back in the day.

From memory, they have bunged the club some money on occasion.

I still pay my £5 a month to them, but I see them more as waiting in the wings for the next inevitable financial disaster to hit the club.

I don't see them as a slush fund for the football club to get some no-mark replacement defender. I'd prefer us to play one or two youth players.

3 hours ago, steakngravy said:

Well I thought it might have been possible for them to contribute to getting a player in to cover the injuries.  Is that not better than just having money sitting in the bank?

The Trust is about encouraging the club to be run sustainably in the long term. The exact opposite of that is buying a player the club can't really afford. Do we really want to follow Dunfermline's lead?  The club has development players they can bring in.  

The Trust is about encouraging the club to be run sustainably in the long term. The exact opposite of that is buying a player the club can't really afford. Do we really want to follow Dunfermline's lead?  The club has development players they can bring in.  

If these development players aren't up to the task (and it looks like Smith thinks McKay might not be) then we either need to find a way to fund a better standard of replacement or accept that we are jeopardising our chance of promotion.

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If these development players aren't up to the task (and it looks like Smith thinks McKay might not be) then we either need to find a way to fund a better standard of replacement or accept that we are jeopardising our chance of promotion.

We need to operate sustainably and not live beyond our means.  We can't just keep adding players if we cant afford them. The Pars did that and look how that ended up.  

We need to operate sustainably and not live beyond our means.  We can't just keep adding players if we cant afford them. The Pars did that and look how that ended up.  

Aye, look at state they're in. Second top of the championship just 4 years later. Wait...

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Aye, look at state they're in. Second top of the championship just 4 years later. Wait...

So you want us to enter administration, screw over the community and be at risk of the club folding completely?

In that case why stop at one player. Sign 4 or 5

Edited by roverthemoon

The manager has already made noises in the FFP that he is happy with the squad and that he will use our youth players. So that's what should happen.

The season has started, the transfer window has shut. If we had the money, who are these great defenders who are sitting twiddling their thumbs at home while dreaming of playing in League 1 for Raith Rovers?