The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, bobbykdy said:

If I recall correctly we were unbeaten at home under him, the problem was we didn't pick up a single point away from home.  He  also talked the oafiest pish known to man. Made me wonder how we actually got reasonable results at home under him given the pish he spouted.

I actually hadn't realised our home results were ok.... the memories of the football were so brutal, they are all that remain! Not that it was great under Gary Locke, but at least the players weren't woefully demoralised after being berated with Hughes' bizarre tirades.

I was guilty of thinking hughes would be the man in the short term to keep us up. Goes to show that we don’t always have the right answers as fans.
As for mckinnon, i could see how the opportunity of going to his boyhood club, be the man to take them back to the spl, be the hero would appeal to him, but as has been said the way they went about it was a bit shitty. But i wouldn’t say i wished him any ill.

3 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Hughes really did galvanize the team. To a man they hated that fucker 

The players voting Bobby Barr as their PotY was the biggest 'f**k You' they could give him.

Sadly the whole thing probably didn't bother him.

11 hours ago, Wullie McNaught said:

Yup, I was chuffed when we went for Hughes. Thought he’d shake the team up but unfortunately he was a complete and utter fucking disaster.

Same for me.  I was sure Hughes would do the business for us after the Locke debacle.

It soon became apparent he was only here for the money, he wasn't really interested in  Raith Rovers, we were a stop gap for him.                                                                                                                

Cannot believe his "performance" with us won't be taken into consideration by DUFC.

No danger would I welcome Mckinnon back. The talk of his departure really put the dampeners on our playoff hopes. The first half of the season he was in charge was brutal to watch. Of course the second half of the season was tremendous but he was lucky that donkey Daly his big pre season signing fucked off to hearts and he was given a healthy amount to spend in January. 

I would never welcome McKinnon back after the play off farce. I’m really impressed with Barry Smith, we should have had him last season before Cocke got the job

Was he not one of the main contenders when Locke got the job? I know he was only working as a journalist for us at that point, but as soon as he got passed over for Locke - if that was me I'd have laughed at your board if they tried to appoint me anytime, ever after that if I were him. Gary Locke [emoji38]

4 hours ago, Wee Sandy said:

Same for me.  I was sure Hughes would do the business for us after the Locke debacle.

It soon became apparent he was only here for the money, he wasn't really interested in  Raith Rovers, we were a stop gap for him.                                                                                                                

Cannot believe his "performance" with us won't be taken into consideration by DUFC.

Will be spun as ‘a club in a bad way, managed to give them a chance, but honestly the rot had set it before I came, could have saved them if I was there earlier and could have brought my players in’

Will be spun as ‘a club in a bad way, managed to give them a chance, but honestly the rot had set it before I came, could have saved them if I was there earlier and could have brought my players in’

He already spun that line when he was appointed saying it took him 6 months to get ICT to the level he wanted.

A. We don't need Laurie Ellis back.
B. We cant afford to have Laurie Ellis back
C. He did walk out on us with RM.

Agree re points A and B.
He did leave after being offered a new contract from Rovers, but it's not like the Mckinnon scenario where he was under contract.
Rovers freed Ellis twice as a player when it suited them to do so, therefore I've no problem with him leaving in the circumstances he did.
It would be nice to think he'll make a positive contribution to the Rovers at some point in the future, but as said above, you're spot on with A and B.