The New Raith Rovers Thread

58 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

The fact the managers "young" player goes to Vaughan tells you everything about Smith.

Has a 1st team player ever won the youth award before?

McKay was one of the best players all season.

The fact the managers player of the year is Murray tells you everything about Smith

9 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
10 hours ago, sonicsco said:
Who won what, at the player of the year awards ?

No idea but that must've been quite the night.

7 hours ago, grumswall said:

Has anyone on here been there tonight? Would be interesting to see what the mood was like.

The squad was visibly gutted. 

The consensus of the players and management is that the promotion objective is still there for the taking and they'll do their best to make it happen. 

It's not up to him to be fair.

He's also had a poor second half of the season even when played in position. He hasn't yet given us a consistent season so I think the value of any transfer fee wouldn't be great.

Edited by CALDERON

Who's out of contract in the summer 

Can’t we just sign the Alloa team for next season as well as Jim Goodwin. For a Part Time they handled us with ease. Their no. 8 and defence were excellent. Neil Parry is a damned fine keeper.

Has anyone on here been there tonight? Would be interesting to see what the mood was like.

Today just shows those 3000 were correct in  spending their money being entertained elsewhere every other Saturday.  

It was flatter than a witch's tit. Players were on an alcohol ban and are in for training at 9am today, apparently. Murray's award was biggest cheer of the night. Usual drunken chants of players names, eg Davo Davo, but they all looked like they'd rather be anywhere else, which is where they went as soon as the last chunk of etched glass was handed out. Framed signed Bayern top went for £550.

Realistically, who do you think would pay a fee for Vaughan given his second half of the season? Not many in the championship that can pay a few and a huge risk for the top league.

I think he’s a cracking player tbf, despite him doing nothing against us at Somerset.

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Realistically, who do you think would pay a fee for Vaughan given his second half of the season? Not many in the championship that can pay a few and a huge risk for the top league.

I think he’s a cracking player tbf, despite him doing nothing against us at Somerset.

Given our boards previous with regards to transfer deals, you may be grossly over estimating how much of a fee it would take.

I'm dreading work tomorrow, given that I work with a few Pars and Celtic fans. 

Obviously not taking into account that we have the playoffs to go still, if we remain in this league then I hope it doesn't affect our position on full time football. 

#roaringback ????????????

I know you can still go up through the play offs but when i stated at the start of the season that Smith wouldn't be a great loss to East Fife i hope you can now see it wasn't sour grapes at you knicking him, lack of a plan B and an inability to change things when they are going wrong are a few of his failings, we were well in a play off spot last season when it started to slip and he couldn't stop the rot, can see the same thing happening all over again this season. I did say you would struggle with him as your manager and hey ho i was proved right.

46 minutes ago, Calayrdonia said:

When will the highlights from Raith vs Alloa game yesterday be out? Be really interested to see them to see just how close it was.

There were no highlights (from a Raith perspective). It was brutal from the first minute to 90.

Based on yesterday Alloa are now the favorites in the semi final.

The only positive i can take is that next Saturday I'll be able to reclaim my regular seat, because there is no way 4,500 are going to want to watch that tosh again.